You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata … =tblTopArt

Gnr now is #30 according to the RIAA best selling artist list in US history (it technically is units shipped). Pretty damn good for only  5 albums of original material released.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It really tells you how much the original band was loved and how little people care about this version.

Sky Dog wrote:

Captain Obvious chimes in again! 15

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Or is it Zed? I've never watched the movie sober, so who knows.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't care if other fans like it or not. I don't care if the media likes it. I don't care if my mother likes it. I listen to music for music and the feeling I get out of it and could give a fuck all what anyone thinks about it. I enjoy most of the album except for a song or two.

I don't think it sounds like a band trying to sound like GNR because the old GNR would not have made music like this.

Damn straight.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Or is it Zed? I've never watched the movie sober, so who knows.

It's Zed.  My favorite movie.  Good stuff!

Who's motorcycle is this?

It's a chopper.

Who's chopper is this?

Zed's.

Who's Zed?

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Yp2L6c2KM

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It really tells you how much the original band was loved and how little people care about this version.

There is no "this" version anymore.  hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Album will be at number 115 on next week's Billboard chart. Sold 5, 569 copies. To put that into some perspective, Kala just reentered the charts(156) with 4,079 copies sold. All other major albums released on the same day as Chinese Democracy are still in the top 10.

If there's a big gun on the record, unveil it now because Chinese Democracy will be saying adios to the Top 200 in about 3 weeks. Once it leaves the chart, only way it goes back up is if there's a big hit single and/or the album gets nominated for various awards.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Album will be at number 115 on next week's Billboard chart. Sold 5, 569 copies. To put that into some perspective, Kala just reentered the charts(156) with 4,079 copies sold. All other major albums released on the same day as Chinese Democracy are still in the top 10.

If there's a big gun on the record, unveil it now because Chinese Democracy will be saying adios to the Top 200 in about 3 weeks. Once it leaves the chart, only way it goes back up is if there's a big hit single and/or the album gets nominated for various awards.

Didn't Herbie Hancock win a grammy last year and the album that won sold a very low amount?  Did sales for that record pick up after it won?  I would have to think so.  Not really trying to compare the two, just wondering.

I found the answer, from wikipedia.  It's funny how people have to be told what is good and worth buying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River:_The_Joni_Letters

The album peaked at #5 on The Billboard 200 after enjoying a huge post-Grammy sales boost, at #61 in Switzerland, #70 in France and #83 in the Netherlands.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Didn't Herbie Hancock win a grammy last year and the album that won sold a very low amount?  Did sales for that record pick up after it won?  I would have to think so.  Not really trying to compare the two, just wondering.

That's the point I was trying to make. Once it drops off the charts, its gonna take something like that to bring it back.

A tour should have coincided with the album's release. IF they tour, they will be the only major act on the road without a hit album. Walking on very dangerous ground. Had a tour already been going, the album could have at least ran in place on the charts at around the 40-70 range.

I wish Azoff would comment. A re-release with bonus tracks would do wonders with their upcoming situation. They need a "double dip" REALLY bad.

Board footer