You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Rate it?!

gnfnraxl wrote:

I have to share a funny story about this album.  My daughter is 14 months old.  She loves music and I say love music of all kinds.  Loves music so much she knows how to turn the stereo on, how to push play and turn the volume up if she likes a song very much and turn it down if she doesn't like the song.  Anyways yesterday while listening to the album Chinese Democracy, Malika (my daughter) was dancing the whole time and you could tell she loved the music.  When CITR started to play about 30 or 45 seconds in she just started to cry and she didn't stop for the rest of the song.  And when scraped started to play, after the intro was done, she just went and turned off the stereo turned away and went to play with her toys a happy kid.  I laughed my ass off.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I'll have to listen to it more for a solid rating but right now I give it a 7.5. 

More Bucket would have elevated my rating but the writing is good and songs like Better, TWAT, IRS, Street of Dreams and If The World elevate the overall album even though there are (imo) some shit stains like Shackler's Revenge.

Some songs suffered from redos and some benefited.  Some did both at the same time.  IRS for instance is better in places and worse in places, same with Better. 

Catcher in the Rye is a great song but the poor guitar work deflates it.  TWAT doesn't need all the silly effects, Scraped doesn't need the goofy intro or pseudo-harmonies.  This I Love has a solo that is kind of right but some how is "minimized" through lack of emotion.  I like Madagascar better than the leaks but it is still "forced".  Chinese Democracy is solid.  Riad is good but  not great.  If The World has grown on me, Sorry has too but it still has some beginning moments that really take away from the song.  Prostitute has some great moments but it isn't really a song that lives up to the potential although I do like the ending added.

This album could have been a 9 with just a minimum amount of extra effort in the right places.  Still it is better than most albums and not a poor album by any means.  Axl has did good with this overall, I just think it could have been much better with a little bit of constructive criticism from someone who wasn't a yes man.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

An 8 becuase i think that some changes will be great like change the beginning of Shackler and Scraped (or remove them), Better is good i would like to hear less the beginning and more the bridge, Catcher is a graet song but i would like to have the solo of Brian May, Chinese it would be much better without the voices of the beginning, in Rhiad the voice of Axl more higher and the guitar lower, This I Love I just do not like it i think it have to be removed of the record and Scraped with the guitar lower thats it the rest are fine

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Seven wrote:

I waited 17 years for this? Overproduced piece of shit record. Whoever thought they could do better than the band and West for Ax, ruined many more peoples careers that just the Ax. All of these people shut down not only his voice but many other peoples voices in our generation as well because of their hysterics.

I am just sick this is it. All the lives touched  and this is it? I am really just in stunned disbelief....IS this just the first chapter? Could we have cut it down a little?

I find it hard to believe listening to this that his affairs were not taken over by a conservator years ago.

DEL YOU ARE (still) AN IDIOT.

Yeah I a a bitch and apparently he needed a little bitch in his life because West would never have let this shit happen. Which is why one man is not a band. This is not Guns and Roses not even close...Just like the Spaghetti Incident was the beginning of the end... this is the end.. Just a whole bunch of YES men fucking up a creative genius to the point he cant step outside of the circles his head is running in.

Get your shit together ax, get a real analyst and call the boys... Cause this is crap when not played through big studio speakers where the rest of the world lives.....and where maybe one song about unrequited love would have been enough....PUNK

Wow. Weren't you one of the band's hardcore defenders at the old site?

What a difference shoddy production and some mindless wanking makes...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I gave it an 8

when rating it, I tried to take myself to the moments before I burned myself out on the leaks and tried to remember how much I loved them before I played them to death

had I heard this album brand new, it would be an 8

as of right now, I'd probably give it a 6.5

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I rate it 8 too. There's a few bumps and misses. One of the better albums I've heard in a long time though.

AtariLegend wrote:

Probably around 8.5... The demos just sound better than some of the final mixes, like "Chinese Democracy", "There Was A Time" "Prostitute" ect...

The guitar solos and vocals need to be higher than everything else, not so balanced. I think only "Madagascar" sounds right.

Board footer