You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Need Help on a Michael Myers mask I'm having done!!

Gunslinger wrote:

Some of you know that I collect horror masks.  I am having quite possibly the end-all Michael Myers mask of all time being done up for me right now.  The sculpt was perfect and the pull was perfect.  The paintup is perfect and I'm actually having it haired in 1970s Don Post hair which is the SAME stuff used on the original Halloween mask.  The mask was a 1975 Captain Kirk mask made by Don Post but all 1970s hair was about the same on the Don Post masks of that decade.

Sooo...has ANYONE got a 1970s Don Post mask they would sell (with hair) or can help me get one? WHOEVER helps me get one will get three rare Halloween movies that have never been released or there choice of three rare Nightmare on Elm Street of Friday the 13th movies.

Thanks.
'Slinger

Here is the mask thus far:
2w31j0i.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow that's near perfect. That's better than CGPs "St. Nick"

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I have some connections and will take a look around. What you have so far is damn near flawless.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

Thanks Axlin08, I appreciate it man.  Yeah Terry's "St Nick" (which has been reworked into his new "FEAR") is solid but lacks on many levels.  This mask is 1975 Kirk sized (actually made into a Kirk and converted the proper way to a Myers mask) and the same thickness.  So far it's the best mask I've ever bought.

Von thanks man, I'm really pleased with it so far.  If you can find one please let me know.  There was a Mugato mask from the 70s made by Don Post that had tons of hair, lol.  Be sure not to mention that the mask will be scalped!  Many people consider we Myers fanatics "poachers" when we use the hair from a Vintage DP for authentic hair on our Myers' toys!!

Just for the record the Don Post mask scalped WILL be rehairred with similar hair and put on ebay at HALF what I pay for it with a note it has been rehairred to give the collector of Don Post masks a shot at it for a very fair price.  I do this in the interest of fairness.

Thanks.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

Found one, will post pics when the mask is finished!

Board footer