You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: M.I.A. wants to perform at Oscars as a hologram

faldor wrote:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=7654

M.I.A. won`t be at the Oscars, at least not in person. She wants to perform as a Hologram.

The 31-year-old rapper - who gave birth to her baby son last Wednesday (11.02.09), just days after she performed at the Grammys - is so keen to sing at the upcoming award ceremony she is considering using a computer-generated image of herself.

M.I.A. is up for an award in the best original song category for her collaboration with AR Rahman on 'O Saya' - a song which features on the soundtrack of the Danny Boyle film 'Slumdog Millionaire'.

Speaking about the new mother's possible Oscar performance, Indian composer Rahman said: "She wants to. In fact, she said she'll do it with a hologram.

She has all these ideas. I don't know how it's going to be possible, though. Having a baby is such an important thing in your life - more important than winning an Oscar."

Oscars producer Laurence Mark is hoping to tempt M.I.A. into performing at the annual awards this Sunday (22.02.09) by making her as comfortable as possible.

He said: "She's eager to perform. we've said things like 'We're willing to have her enter on a large bed'. We'll make it as easy for her as we can."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its going to be a medley this year. Most time she'd get onstage anyways is about a minute. I don't think she should waste the effort and time she would put into it.

I do hope she changes her mind and shows up because she has a great chance at winning an Oscar.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm not some massive M.I.A. fan, but performing as a hologram... that sounds awesome.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

She's cutting edge. 20 years from now, people will look back and think it was a travesty that it took her so long to decide to get her musical career off the ground. Didn't make a dent in the music world until her late 20's.

She actually has more interest in film than she does music, and I really look forward to her pursuing that aspect of her dreams.

I don't know if you like Elastica, but they did a documentary during their final phase with 'The Menace'. Band imploded, Justine went into hiding and became another Axl Rose, and the documentary was scrapped.

Who directed that documentary?

M.I.A.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

that would be sweet ass!!!!!! she's gotta do it! 9

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

One thing I've gotta say, if she does decide to do it, change the wording.  I first read the title to the article and I thought she wanted to do something related to the HolocaUst.  HolocAst, not sure that's a good term to go with.

Board footer