You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestler "A Very Special Thanks To Axl Rose"

AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'd say to that: Wasn't Axl the one who would not allow Welcome to the Jungle

He wanted the film makers to use the re-recorded version by the current according to Tom Zutaut. Which obviously would've been out of context.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

He wanted the film makers to use the re-recorded version by the current according to Tom Zutaut. Which obviously would've been out of context.

No doubt. So in a  case like that it wouldn't be about art portraying life.  It'd be about a guy so far up his own ass believing he was Gn'R and not caring about the context and only caring about highlighting himself without the old guys.

16 o.k. that's harsh but seriously as cool as it was for him to lend SCOM to The Wrestler I think it was equally and if not lamer  to  not allow Blackhawk Down to  use Jungle.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

No doubt. So in a  case like that it wouldn't be about art portraying life.  It'd be about a guy so far up his own ass believing he was Gn'R and not caring about the context and only caring about highlighting himself without the old guys.

16 o.k. that's harsh but seriously as cool as it was for him to lend SCOM to The Wrestler I think it was equally and if not lamer  to  not allow Blackhawk Down to  use Jungle.

I would argue that maybe Axl sensed that "Blackhawk Down" wouldn't be a good movie and didn't want his music associated with it, yet he could see "The Wrestler" had Oscar potential.  But he gave a song to "End of Days", so there goes that argument.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah but end of days had Arnie involved who is a previous associate of GNR from T2 smile

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I would argue that maybe Axl sensed that "Blackhawk Down" wouldn't be a good movie and didn't want his music associated with it, yet he could see "The Wrestler" had Oscar potential.  But he gave a song to "End of Days", so there goes that argument.

And I would also vehemently counter that with Axl allowing Jungle to be associated with Death Race proves this couldn't really be the case 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Mickey got robbed. Penn gets the Oscar.

Typical Hollywood Libs...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Penn probably deserved the oscar, but there's not doubt he'll get nominated again... Mickey probably won't sad

If there's a GNR connection here, Penn did get a thank you on the UYI liner notes. And nothing beats his use of SCOM in State Of Grace.

Board footer