You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: The Wrestler "A Very Special Thanks To Axl Rose"

I watched this movie and saw that at the end.  I tried searching the forum trying to see if someone had explained why, but couldn't find anything.  Anyone know the details on this?  I also found it funny that all the original guitar work was done by Slash.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

he donated SCOM to the movie free of charge, mickey rourke said that at the golden globe awards during his acceptance speech

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm still very curious as to how Axl Rose himself can decide if and when GN'R songs get used, and if you get paid for them.

Sounds like another lawsuit waiting to happen imo.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm still very curious as to how Axl Rose himself can decide if and when GN'R songs get used, and if you get paid for them.

Sounds like another lawsuit waiting to happen imo.

no. he owns the right to the songs i think so e can do whatever he wants with them.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If that's the case, wouldn't he be robbing the old members of potential royalties?

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

He let his friend use the song for free and from different reports I've received, may have financially helped the production in other ways. If ex-Gunners want to bust his balls for that, I'd like to see them try.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm just curious how it legally works.

I think Slash also helped with musical production, so obviously he was cool with it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm just curious how it legally works.

I think Slash also helped with musical production, so obviously he was cool with it.

Yep, Slash played on the score... I guess only AXL is GNR.  HA

Sky Dog wrote:

Mickey is looking pretty spiffy for the Oscars.....one crazy mofo. Axl and him may be distant cousins.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Von wrote:

He let his friend use the song for free and from different reports I've received, may have financially helped the production in other ways. If ex-Gunners want to bust his balls for that, I'd like to see them try.

I'd say to that: Wasn't Axl the one who would not allow Welcome to the Jungle to be used in the movie Blackhawk Down when durring real life sequences the song was actually playing when the helicopter went down?  If I remember correctly the former members were good with the song being sued int eh movie but good ol' Axl prevented it. What Axl did for the Wrestler is cool but he's douched it up befoe when it comes to songs being included in a  soundtrack. What would be better than having your song featured in a based on reality movie where your song was actually played at the time of certain circumstances.

I don't see the other guys bitching about this(why woudl they) but it shouldn't be up to Axl to pick and choose which pre CD songs are lent to movie soundtracks. Blah blah blah about who owns the rights. they all wrote the songs together

Board footer