You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: RUMOR: Axl "will not be cooperating any further on the albums release"

Arcade Roses wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Touring around an album that nobody bought isn't going to sell seats either.  There's only one option for selling seats to a GnR show, and Axl made it clear that isn't happening.

This just reminded me of one other in my view fairly important thing I saw lately but have not yet reported.  CD was, a couple of weeks back, part of the "two for £10" offer at HMV in the UK.  The album itself was about £5 (circa $7.50 US?).

I knew then the project had failed.  There is time though -and something *big* has to happen soon.

GN'R has done this before but in my view the present GN'R and the present (music) climate (complicated by such issues as downloading, low sales, etc.) make this scenario extremely unlikely and certainly a rarity in today's world.

As I said, the NIN direction is not the direction for the GN'R name.  It needs to model itself on U2 - and if more albums are coming, it certainly is more logical.

AR

AtariLegend wrote:

Two words... "Red Europe"

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:

Yes and?

BTW: if United win tomorrow, it will be on course to be red for a second year running!:mosh:

AtariLegend wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Two words... "Red Europe"

Yes and?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall your alter ego starting more rumours than "LatigoHammers".

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Axl needs to hire Paul McGuinnes(U2's manager) and just do whatever the fuck he tells him to do.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall your alter ego starting more rumours than "LatigoHammers".

What rumour have I started here?

I am just reporting what some guy posted at CD.com.  I have said I have no idea if it's real or fake (although naturally you always have to lean to fake in these cases).

I got stuff wrong in the past (nobody's perfect) but I moved in - even poking fum occasionally at myself for doing it.

Maybe in future I'll just keep such *findings* (it may of course be BS) to myself.

And LatigoHammers... was that darknemus?  I don't think that situation was ever properly cleared up.

AR

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

i think this is like CD = GN'R Lies so then upcoming = UYI i think something big is gonna and has to happen

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Coma, I applaud your optimism. If there is room for people who hurl hate every chance they get like a broken record, there is room for you.

I personally don't think another CD is close, but Axl is unpredictable, so I really wouldn't rule anything out.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was never expecting to see the video surface. This is a surprise? 16

I agree, the label has moved on. Even they wouldn't care about a video. Last fall, yes. Spring 2009, no.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No way any of that info can be confirmed 100% true until the passage of time, but I'm not buying the excuse for no video. M.I.A. uploads her own vids on youtube, and she's on the same label. The days of people thinking there should be an asterisk next to GNR just because its GNR need to come to an end.

Its amazing that every other artist/band is able to release videos, do promo,etc. except GNR, because there are these phantom Mt. Everest sized obstacles always in the way.

Not buying it. If he doesn't want to do promo or videos, just admit it and move on to whatever it is he does want to do, even if that's nothing.

Hopefully he at least decides to tour. I was actually getting a bit psyched at the possibility.

The excuses of GNR having these gigantic obstacles in their way don't add up with the rest of the world.

Bands bigger than them are able to do a massive amount of promo, release videos, tour and release two albums in the same year.

Board footer