You are not logged in. Please register or login.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Re: GN'R showing signs of being labeled an "epic fail".

EPIC FAIL

Welcome to the internet jungle Guns N Roses!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Oh yes, there are quite a few candidates for epic fails today. PM me with your nominations. I know mine.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

Well not being in the music business for almost 17years is a long time to be away from a career. But who knows? If Axl tours the cd and the audience gets turn on by the new material than sales can go off to the sky. I personally think the C.D. is a very good cd considering 17years later. Plus it's a cd showing a mature-older Axl as compared to A.F.D. and Use your Illusions I & II. For me I think it's a great cd and I haven't heard anything else by any other artists that come close to C.D. As far as a reunion with Slash who cares? I like Slash but Axl has got some fine guitar players and he doesn't seem to be too worried. Why go backwards and open up old wounds between bandmates that were in a group so...so...long ago. Hey if the singer didn't leave Velvet Revolver I'm sure Slash wouldn't care anyway. He's got his gig......: ):rock:

Sky Dog wrote:

You must be Otis Western's alter ego......

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

nah
he's too centered to be anyone's alter ego

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

depends on the person,
some get booted and sneak there way back in.
anything other than that, i'm with ya

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

I actually did mention my 'other name' but when I tried loggin in today my user name was gone. So I had to do another account. Any how.....I think the main thing here is that we all dig the cd C.D. Who really cares if it sold this or that. It wasn't too long ago we all thought that C.D. was just a joke about Axl working on a cd that was never going to be. Yet here we are talking about the new cd. 14
Now our next adventure is seeing them live!!!!! Hey that is one concert I'm not going to miss.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that was our error itchy...there was a glitch and we lost almost 30 hours worth of forum changes...your account was one of them...our appologies smile and welcome

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Saikin wrote:

There's no way this album has a chance at an AFD style response.  No way.  AFD was culturally significant.  It was very much of it's time.  Chinese Democracy is about Axl.  It won't be culturally significant the way AFD was, even if they promote the hell out of it. 

Like James said, if GNR had done this right (like U2), there would have been a significant increase in sales.

With all due respect Saiken, you have the benefit of hindsight perspective. It's very hard to predict these things...one things for sure...it does take someone doing something way out of the ordinary for his/her time. although some say the sound is 'dated,' I think we all can agree that it is different.

I do very much enjoy the album and still listen to it. I have my favs (Prostitute, TWAT, This I Love, Sorry). I think if you expected 10 million copies sold in the first 3 months, you were only fooling yourself.

There is something to be said for this way of conducting business...he's letting the music speak for itself. I highly doubt that many albums sell the way that the used to anyway. The days of 15 million albums sold is probably over, anyway.

Board footer