You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: RUMOR: Axl "will not be cooperating any further on the albums release"

monkeychow wrote:

To be fair to Axl this release was clearly fucked up at an industry level well before he skipped interviews - my local store had no ideda the album was comming and refused to even try and order it back when the website was counting down. There were no posters etc. Compared to a band like Ac/Dc that has a similar market and had had an 8 year absence - the difference of promotion in store was clear - and those are things not done by axl.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Cant blame the company for everything.. What was there stopping Axl himself getting off his ass and promoting it himself, by way of interviews and such back then ?  So he didnt get things "his way" and went in a sulk, jeez.  Maybe his arrogance shot him in the foot by thinking the him and the name alone would sell it no questions asked.
No the company hasnt helped either, frankly I expected more promo, a fkin LOT of it too.. this wasnt just album number 32 by ACDC... Maybe they were arrogant and complacent as well

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The plain truth is Axl has played a shuck n' jive game with the fans for years, who believed him when he referred to massive obsticles that no one truely knows the truth.

We took his word for it, and now we know. The vail has been lifted. He was bullshitting the whole time, because we didn't REALLY know, and the cold hard truth has set in that he's an indecisive, procrastinating, unprofessional musician.

He made his bed, and now he has to lie in it. The only difference now, is it's hit him on his home turf - the fan base - and nobody is buying his game anymore. And yet he sends his housekeeper out again to talk about how it's out of his hands. Bullshit. No one is buying that act no more.

Funny how every musician in the world, hundreds, if not thousands of major acts can put out albums, singles, videos, concerts, merch, promo, etc. with no problem, but when it comes to Axl, there's always some obsticle.

Here's the obsticle - he's an indecisive, procrastinating, unprofessional musician.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think that's the only way to look at it. But despite the greatness of CD, I think the sad part is everytime I listen to that greatness, I almost feel like a disappointed mother, that just dwells on everything that "could've" been, but wasn't.

It's a shame. We believed in him more than he believed in himself.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Here's the obsticle - he's an indecisive, procrastinating, unprofessional musician.

IF that is true, and I do say IF IF IF, it might be worth considering that it could be factors beyond his control in his nature that cause it. If he suffers from real highs and lows in his mood, it could easily be the case that he does the best he can, and if that means some shows get cancelled, a record takes a long time, well - at least he kept on - and basicly you can only play in life with the cards you hold.

To me being an Axl fan is about enjoying his music regardless of all the other shit that goes on. I know there will be problems, delays, cancells, legal issues, riots, things that sre promiced that dont happen, all kinds of drama - but at the end of the day I like his songs enough that I can accept everything else as just an unavoidable part of his life - what counts is the music.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer