You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Re: Interview wit Adri........

Paxcow wrote:

March 10th, 2009.

GNRTV - For the GNR fans that don't know who you are, can you explain in your own words why they should?

Adriana - I am the voice of the girl on final song of "Appetite for Destruction" called "Rocket Queen." Although Axl was very excited to share in the artistic glory of this song, I was reserved and not quite as outspoken then about it. It has been a mystery as to who the "voice" of the sex sounds on that song belonged to until recently.

GNRTV - Are you still in touch with Axl?

Adriana - Not directly. I have not seen Axl face to face in years. I have been looking quite forward to seeing him again and believe that in the near future we will see each other.

GNRTV - Can you tell us about the last time you saw him?

Adriana - The last time I recall seeing him was at a party. I can only tell you he looked HOT! He was wearing a full length cashmere jacket...black. Also he had some American flag tight shorts, like stretch material, cotton... and Doc Martens. He looked fantastic. We were supposed to have lunch, and I was gonna call him. I lost his phone #! Really bad for me.

GNRTV - Wow, that is bad for you, about how long ago did this happen?

Adriana - Approximately maybe 18-19 years ago....? Long time.

GNRTV - You recently came out with some blogs or rants fiercely standing up for Axl. Why now?

Adriana - Axl has always been a loyal person who stood up for what and who he believes in. I never lost faith in him. Axl offered me an opportunity long ago to go on tour and do some "performing" with him on stage. I was trying to do the right thing by Steven, as he had been my steady boyfriend, and not take that opportunity, because I thought it would be wrong to choose Axl over him. I really screwed that one up too! In hindsight, I see so clearly all of the signs that were leading to Steven's and my split, but being a hopeless romantic, and someone who will fight to the death for those she loves; I jumped on a sinking ship: my relationship with Steven! I really wanted to go and be with Axl, and I know what a dear and loyal friend he is. I was only 19, and let's face it; I was confused and had trust issues. The first man I ever loved, my father, left me when I was 10. I have been looking for men who would leave me out of some sort of broken perception till recently. Therapy helped. Getting off of drugs and alcohol helped. Seeing men as worthy creatures helped. I had to get through the pain to get to my heart. I am with my heart now, and in it I find Axl....still. He is misquoted, misrepresented and misunderstood most of the time. I know how wrong people are about him and have always spoken out against those who judge him, they don't know! I really think he is a genius, and without his personal drive, none of the other guys in GNR would be where they are. I don't care who disagrees with that. Axl is the one who got on stage in assless chaps and had to sing, okay? Axl is the one out front who took all of the heat for all of the antics in the band. Axl is the singer, songwriter and last man standing....who do you believe? Axl wasn't the one or ones who walked from GNR. He stayed and went on even when he probably felt like fucken dying after what many of his long-time "friends" have done to him. I really believe in him musically, creatively, and as a human being. How could I not stand up for my friend? How could I not come out and call the liars out of their dens? The liars are the ones who perpetuate the hate and mask the truth for their own self-seeking and self-serving purposes. In the end, I guess I'm a bit of a masochist. Those people, most of them, were my friends too, and I wanna watch them fall. They need to hit their bottom....like I did. I was away in treatment and in a bubble, trying to find answers to life's questions. Why now? Why not! I am out of the bubble and with a vengeance. I can see who is doing what and why. Axl wants to play! He is good at it. And so all rumor and speculate on his agenda, success, etc. Fuck that! Listen to the music and quit bitchin'! GNR is EXACTLY how it should be today.

GNRTV - What do you think is the biggest misconception about Axl?

Adriana - That he is a control freak and a trouble maker. Axl has done nothing but grow and avoid confrontations, as best he could, especially recently. Axl is moving in a positive direction personally and musically and Chinese Democracy shows that. I think Chinese Democracy is so great because of the length of time it took to come out. Obviously it was a day to day trudge to create something true and beautiful, which is his style. Axl has poured his heart and soul into that one. The guys playing with him did a superb job and are completely behind his efforts. Obviously that says a whole lot, don't you agree?

GNRTV - Yes, I do agree. You have recently released a CD with your band, Ghost in the Graveyard. Where do you find the inspiration for your music? Was any of it inspired by your GNR experiences?

Adriana - Of course! The early GNR days are a part of my history. I would not be who I am without those days. The CD is something that has needed to come out of me and other band members for a while. Inspiration comes from many different divine sources. Music is an expression of the soul. I would like to go deeper into my soul and experiences next time, but for this CD simplicity and lightness were the key; I just wanted to get it out, ya know? It is a starting point for us and we have received great responses from it so far. I have many more songs inside me, and they are ready to come out. Time is a precious commodity- more so than money! Having the time to take something and have it reflect the essence of the idea is the trick. It is not as easy as it seems, and it takes a band a long time to work out nuances which many cannot even recognize. I really wanted to keep the first CD simple so that we could gig, and gain some exposure from it. I am looking forward to the next CD. Myself and the band have many great ideas in store!

GNRTV - How many gigs have you guys played?

Adriana - This band line-up has played 7 so far.

GNRTV - Earlier you mentioned some of the new guys in GNR, have you seen them play yet or met any of them?

Adriana - Yes! Firstly, even though Dizzy Reed is considered a "newer guy" he has been with GNR since "Use Your Illusion" and was around Hollywood since the earlier GNR days. I am great friends with Lisa Reed; in fact, we were roommates when Steven rented the laundry room of she and another girl's house in Hollywood. I was just up to see Dizzy's show and our daughters were able to meet for the first time! That is a treasure! Secondly, I saw the fabulous Bumblefoot play when Happenin' Harry (the most happenin' guy in Hollywood) hosted his CD release party and again when The Four Dudes played at The Cat Club in Hollywood. Bumblefoot smoked any other guitarist I have seen in a long, long time! No kidding! The guy is great! And he is really nice too. Nice people rule! The others I have not seen, but free downloadable songs from Sex Tapes, which was the guys from GNR minus Axl, were available recently. I have those songs and like them.

It was Bumblefoot's CD that was released by the way

I am sorry! I thought the last question pertained to Dizzy and Bumblefoot!

I know Dizzy personally, and have only just met Bumblefoot, but it feels great! Both guys are sweet, and really hard working, talented musicians. I love Lisa Reed, and she and Dizzy's daughters are great too! It was unfortunate that I did not get to meet Mrs. Foot, but I hope to in the future. Lisa Reed says that she is really sweet and I saw her, she is beautiful! Bumblefoot was really great, just a down to earth guy, and oh my God! What a shredder! Dizzy is multi-talented and is amazing to watch. I guess I could go on and on about how great is to know these guys! Hahahahah! I would like to meet the other GNR players and make some new friends in the future.

GNRTV - Slash leaves the band, Axl is blamed for the breakup. Slash is currently searching for his fifth lead singer since making it big, but yet the media continues to crucify Axl for being hard to work with.

You know both of these guys personally, how does this make you feel?

Adriana - Cheated. I feel cheated because I was, cheated of the truth. Obviously the media is not taking a look at Slash and his band mate picks to date. Why don't they compare that Velvet Revolver crap to AFD? Or better yet why not ask Slash why he can't seem to keep a singer with any vocal integrity. Scott Weiland? After Axl Rose? The media lies and states all sorts of untruths to cater to their "pet" who at the time was Slash. Slash will do the song and dance in the way the media dictates. I was in my "bubble" getting sober, and having my daughter as I stated earlier. The media said a lot of things about Axl and it was hard to hear. I had no contact with Axl, nor any of the people around him. I did not know his feelings and was fed media hype. He must have been so disappointed and hurt, and just plain pissed off at what was happening...but that is speculation on my part. It was disappointing! I know how the fans must have felt! It is hard not believe all that the media says, because then you have other band members re-forming other bands, speaking out publicly against Axl. You have other musicians that are on a "witch hunt" jump on board the "Liar's Ship of Fools" for their own attention-seeking and it becomes one big "dog-pile" on Axl. I refused to believe it! Even when close "friends" were back in touch with me, all sorts of rumors flew about Ax. What could I say?! So I listened and said nothing. The funny part is, they all wanted to appear to be "better than" Axl or criticize Chinese Democracy. When so many people are circulating rumors and publicly speaking out, the media is at its "best." They had a field-day trying to rip Axl to shreds, but as I always said to the doubters, "he is coming back, and he is not an ass-hole!" I guess I was right on this one. Sorry for the naysayer’s and shit talkers who talked themselves into a corner with me, and they know who they are! Those are the folks I no longer speak with and have cut ties with. The truth ALWAYS comes out. It takes its own sweet time, and so does Axl! Hahahaha! He's the last one laughing...good for him! As far as Slash and his singer-search......no comment. Well, I guess I must comment because I cannot or will not be quiet! I really don't know where or how he could ever find anyone to front a "band" that is so "Slash-focused." Slash has backed himself into a corner to where he is the show. For example, Led Zeppelin was a great band...Jimmy Page on his own was just that, a guitar show. The only difference is that Robert Plant and Axl Rose bill themselves differently as singers. Axl formed a solid band and kept the band name. Robert Plant toured as....Robert Plant. Axl has proven that many people will still come to see a GNR show as opposed

GNRTV - Do you have any shows more coming up?

Adriana - Currently we are working on new material and more shows are on the way. I must mention that at this time my aunt is in the hospital and is unexpected to live. I am attending to my 87 year old Nana who is barely ambulatory, and things are very heavy and sad. No telling what will be happening in the next month or so, as it goes, and I would just like to take a moment to express to everyone how precious a gift life is. All of the day to day hustle and strife means only what you have put into life and given to others when your time comes. My aunt was someone who always believed in me, and stood by me, with no judgment. I will admit that I am not as kind as she is. People come and go through life for but a brief moment and to cherish the pleasant times and move away from the negative energies is what I am taking at this time of her passing. I know there is a Force in this Universe bigger than all of us, and it moves and shakes us where we need to be. She loved that I was in my band. She thought me to be really clever to make such attempts at performing. The truth is, just do what you love and what makes you happy, before it's all over and too late. Okay, I'm off my soap box, but without my aunt Denise, who taught me to sing, I would not be here writing to you possibly. We used to sing to Elton John's Captain Fantastic daily. Just love yourself ....xoxoxoxo

GNRTV - Adriana Smith & Ghost In The Grave Yard info can be found at www.therocketqueen.com you can listen to her music, buy her CD and if you time it right you might even get to chat with her.

Adriana thank you very much for taking the time to talk with www.gnrtv.com

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

yawn3%5B4%5D.jpg

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6todmw.jpg

I have had a gutful of this woman.  I couldn't bring myself to read all that, I got sick of it after the first few paragraphs.  But I read enough to confirm my suspicions that this girl hasn't spoken to Axl in years (fuck I've seen Axl and spoken to him more recently than this tart), she clearly is desperate to try and reconnect with him but from what I can tell Axl is playing it smart and keeping a wide birth of her.  I would too!

Her claim to fame I think is actually quite embarassing, particular if the full details of the story are thrown out there - which she conveniently neglects to tell every time.  Iv'e heard in the past plus more recently in Stephen Davis' book the full story of the Rocket Queen moaning.

Adriana is on her back in the studio being "warmed up" by Geffen's lawyer Jeff Fenster.  He then gets off her when Axl enters the room and Axl climbs on for the "main event".

Newsflash Adriana - I don't think Axl ever saw you as anything more than a receptacle for his load.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I stopped as soon as I read 'American Flag tight shorts'... a Use Your Illusion 91/92 look.

It pretty much confirmed what I thought - she hasn't seen or spoken with Axl in nearly two decades.

'nuff said

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Since reading her online postings I've found myself listening to Rocket Queen one hell of a lot more. Every day this last week I've listened to it at least once when Appetite hasn't been played in months/years ... its a killer song, the ending is just as memorable as the opening to Jungle 9

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Andrea = Adriana = Paxcow?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Andrea = Adriana = Paxcow?

LOL - that would be funny.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nah, Paxcow even in her worst moment is still more respectable.

Adriana actually gets into flame wars with people on MyGNR when they call her out on blantantly obvious stuff.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

thank you, axlin. i'm actually not adriana. i'm not that old wink

Board footer