You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Slash Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter updates

Tommie wrote:

just logged into myspace and saw Slash had posted a blog titled "Update":

March 14, 2009 - Saturday

Update!
Hello all, what's happening?

Just wanted to update you on what's going to be happening in the next few weeks.
Week after next, Im going into the studio to start recording. I've made a ton of headway getting some killer songs written with some very profound individuals over the last couple of months. It's going to be an amazing record.
Next week however, Im going to do some guitar work for an instrumental version of Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", performed by Escala, an all girl string quartet from the UK.
I'll check back next week and let you know how it goes.

Slash

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i'm pretty curios about the collaboration with escala.

i've seen the girls on britain's got talent 2007: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSzmuSUR3U0

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

When you consider what he's doing solo wise and also take into account Duff's interest in Loaded, I think its safe to say that VR is on the back burner for the rest of the year, maybe longer.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That is fine with me, the solo album might sell more than CD.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing how his guitar work blends with the classic instruments in Kashmir.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

When you consider what he's doing solo wise and also take into account Duff's interest in Loaded, I think its safe to say that VR is on the back burner for the rest of the year, maybe longer.

VR is history. The band was on life support, and Weiland's departure was the code blue.

They realize the smartest move is to just start fresh. Axl's slammed the door shut with a GN'R return, Duff's Loaded is very good, and Slash is truckin' along again solo...

I think they now know what they're gonna do. Slash might not do 'big' numbers, but if Izzy can have a solo career, Slash will be just fine.

I personally think more people are interested to see them go their seperate ways to be honest.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

VR history?  Im cool with that.. I liked most of what VR put out, but I like what they put out separately more..
bring on Download

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That would be so fucking funny if it did.  Could you imagine the "interviews" and forums posts we'd be assaulted with? 

But I agree with what some other people have said.  I am way more interested in a Slash solo / collaboration album then I am a new VR album.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Thing is, they all know while they love doing what they are doing, that VR will pay the bills...
Its the dayjob, and whoever the label is will pay big time for them to work together, so they will probably find another singer even if they cant find one they like, it`ll be one for the sake of.
Its a shame really cuz ive never seen Duff so active and happy in what he does as these past few weeks.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That would be so fucking funny if it did.  Could you imagine the "interviews" and forums posts we'd be assaulted with? 

But I agree with what some other people have said.  I am way more interested in a Slash solo / collaboration album then I am a new VR album.

That would be a kick in the balls for a lot of people. He's doing songs with current artists that a good single could spark a little more interest from the mainstream. I don't think so but stranger things have happened.

I want to hear a new Velvet Revolver album and band. I still want to hear a Slash solo album. When they find the right singer things will start to get moving. It's a tough choice and it has to be the right one so it will take time. But Loaded and Slash's solo album keeps them playing and in the media so I don't see it as a bad thing. I don't think VR is on hold but taking the time and not rushing into anything. They are getting demos and calling some back so all things are not silent. I think before the end of the year the band will have a new singer and some type of album/tour news.

Board footer