You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: The Ego Has Landed

Will wrote:

Not really newsworthy but the headline amused me 16 From MSN.com:

The Ego Has Landed
Superstars with super-sized self-images

As fans, we can read a wide array of motives into the music of our favorite artists: From heartbreak to joy, spiritual quest to sexual conquest, musicians are as likely to be driven by fear as finance.... more Still, for every sensitive singer-songwriter who has built an identity around self-doubt, there tends to be a star with a more than healthy dose of self-confidence. Add fame, wealth and peer approval, bake under the steady glare of media attention and -- voila! -- you might just have a self-proclaimed god on your hands.

Here's a pantheon of major artists who've matched their artistic and commercial success with heaping helpings of self-regard.

[...]

Axl Rose

a9691778-f422-45b7-b51a-0e4e8249f036_Main_AxlRose-ego-retna_502.jpg

In the 17 years since "Use Your Illusion I" and "II," Axl Rose made the idea of Guns N' Roses as a band all but moot. With all the original members, as well as their original replacements, having either quit or been fired -- Aw hell, Axl, you could've done better sales of "Chinese... more Democracy" if you'd made it an exclusive for strip bars! Thirteen million bucks for this? Oh yeah, and don't think we've forgotten "Get in the Ring," buddy.

Source: MSN.com

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nothing wrong with self-confidence, as long as you don't become delusional.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Thats a cool pic of Axl.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

My thoughts exactly. The article's more of the same, but that's a really cool pic of Axl.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

only thing good in this article?

that Axl pic 16

Board footer