You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: one thing I don't get

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Nah Axl would say Slash should've left after Lies and Gn'R would've been better off and we'd all be better off if nobody heard from him or his supporters.  Something like that, you know. Probably elaborate  on how the UYI albums suck and it was really Slash's fault they never burried AFD.  I'm just guessing that's  the opinion Axl would suggest. I have no past reference to suggest he'd do this. It's just speculation but one can speculate right?

tongue

I like to look at the bright side of things.  I take the one compliment he gave Slash.  If you want to be Mr. Negative then fine.  14

I'm not Mr. Negative. Axl's Mr. Negative. Just read his conversation....errrrr.... interview with Del. I can't remember the last time I called up a  buddy to ask me questions so I could vent about a  guy I used to hang out with 15 years ago. 14

I was just joking.  This topic has been debated to death.  I hope we can all just move forward, including Axl.  But if he feels the need to vent who are you or I to stop him?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Finck fucked it up for himself. He probably had no clue the album would come out, thought it was safe to go with Trent for awhile and then go back once a tour would start.

Makes no sense to work on something for 10 years and then leave when you're months away from releasing it. If any, he slowed down the whole tour issue because of his disappearance.

He spent over 10 years in GNR and never released one damn album while IN the band. Nothing but fantastic.

I don't think Fick fucked anything up. Seriously he left that clown show for good reason. I mean for your guys' sake I hope they tour but shit U2's summer tour is already planned. Album out, tour scheduled. Bing, Bnag boom, done.  Gn'R are still "pondering offers" and "working things out" and hiring muiscians. Fuck the album's been out since November and they don't have a clue what their doing 14  Shit they may be inactive for the rest of 2009 for all anyone knows.   Finck did the right thing. He moved on to a band that's relevant and a  ground breaking exciting live band. Two things Gn'R are not right now.

Bono

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I was just joking.  This topic has been debated to death.  I hope we can all just move forward, including Axl.  But if he feels the need to vent who are you or I to stop him?

Nah I hear ya but he'll never move forward. Like we've discussed he refuses to live in the moment and support his new album which is a  fucking slap in the face to the guys who played on it. He plays AFD to death in concert, he bitches and moans about Slash in his interviews.  His tour will be irrelvant by the time they do it. the Chinese Democracy tour for the third time only this time 9 months after the album was released?  My God! Axl is a  guy that seriously needs help if this is the business he truely wants to be in. Somebody needs  to say to him "Dude wake the fuck up. Here's what were gonna do and were gonna do it now. Enough with the bullshit!"

he should just be honest with the fanbase. Guys we really don't  know what we're doing. Sorry but don't expect anything. If and when it happens it hapepns but untill then we're as clueless as you are"

I could respect that cause it'd be the truth 14

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

After 10 years he just stopped and thought: "oh, this is a clown circus...Axl sucks..bye"?

Givew the man a bit more credit than that.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think he wanted to hear a 100% guarantee that the album would be out in 2008 before deciding whether to join Trent on the road.
When he never got it and judging by the GNR track record of not being productive, and it looking likely that another year would pass with no record and whole new excuses - he decided to say "Yes Trent, I'm in."

I doubt this decision went down well and there was, if not a bust up, at least  definate drop in the temperture and friction between Robin and Axl.

Bono

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

After 10 years he just stopped and thought: "oh, this is a clown circus...Axl sucks..bye"?

Givew the man a bit more credit than that.

14  Well I;m sure there was a bit of thought put into it. I doubt he just woke up one day and said "I'm done with this clown show. peace out bitches!"

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I think he wanted to hear a 100% guarantee that the album would be out in 2008 before deciding whether to join Trent on the road.
When he never got it and judging by the GNR track record of not being productive, and it looking likely that another year would pass with no record and whole new excuses - he decided to say "Yes Trent, I'm in."

In 2008, Finck had two choices:

young-man-sleeping-off-a-hangover1.jpg

or.......

I don't blame him one bit for the choice he made.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Me neither, I think Finck backpacked and hitchhiked his way round the world 5 times while waiting on those final vocals.

I would think more of the guy if he comes out and gives a statement soon, the silence and disabling of his website was weird. If he remains silent on the matter its a slap in the face to the fans he made during his time with GNR.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Me neither, I think Finck backpacked and hitchhiked his way round the world 5 times while waiting on those final vocals.

I would think more of the guy if he comes out and gives a statement soon, the silence and disabling of his website was weird. If he remains silent on the matter its a slap in the face to the fans he made during his time with GNR.

Did Bucket ever say anything when he left? Isn't never talking when youre in the band a slap in the  face as well though?  I don't think Robin needs to say anything. I'm betting he's taking the high rode.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Didnt Robin post a whole load of backstage and tour pictures, it was a nice gesture at least and I remember reading more comments from Robin than Axl during the twilight years 02-05. He did seem to have some interaction with GNR fans in the past I remember, and happily spoke to them if they met him. Now he wont talk about GNR even when signing autographs.
Bucket never spoke though, so his silence doesnt seem strange, but his manager did announce his departure if I remember correct.

Board footer