You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: Check out this new rumor

Bah, if it's money let's all send 10 dollars to Axl:haha:

If we then later get special prices on the album...:laugh::haha::smile:

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Better, should there be any truth, axl, just break your house some more and claim more benefits from the insurance company over the damage caused by the fire, and then, with the difference, market it yourself.:beer:

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I'm still intrigued by that guy who cleans houses in Scotland and found a CD-R with new GNR songs on them.

We have heard some funny things throughout the years...

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Guys,
I'd say the story is BS but the issue she is alluding to could very well be a good guess as to what the issue is here. A few people have insinuated that the hold up is due to 'business issues'.
Re-launching GNR as they are will be a very expensive business. There are new faces, a new direction, much older band members than the industry currently accepts etc.

I bet Axl wants an amazing video ($2-4 million ), big radio promotion (about $100K a week for a decent world wide campaign of adds), a promotional tour for the band to visit radio stations etc (15 people minimum on the road for 3 months world wide promoting CD will be about $10K a day.
Free merch to give away ($250K)... The list goes on..

Maybe the record company got their money back from GH and the nostalgia tours and they are now trying to rein Axl into facing the realities of today's market and what record labels are willing to pony up.

I don't think Miss Elderly First Time Poster has any cred but she may not be a bad guesser..

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

This is the stupidest ass rumor ever. *sigh*

Sky Dog wrote:

Well Jack, Slash just said today on the Jim Rome show that the word around the campfire is that the record is done and Axl is waiting to put it out.....don't really know what that means but the record being done is pretty substantial.

Anyhow, Axl has missed a great opportunity to release the record during the 4th quarter of this year. Overall, a pretty quiet end to the year in the music industry.:ummm:

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Lies.

HEEEEY!!  Been a long time JonathanVonDoom!!  Nice to see you 5

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Hey DTJ! Nice to be back amongst friends:D