You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Re: I can't believe that was Steven Adler

Itchy GTR wrote:

I recently saw a repeat episode of Steven Adler on that VHI Reality show.
I can't believe that it was him. It just didn't sink in that this is the original drummer who played on Appetite. It really got to me in reference to back than when he got booted out of the band. I felt some betrayal from the other guys in the group either doing that to him or if it was Axl or management. If he was that far gone they should of stood beside him as brothers and defend and help him. I don't know the whole inside story of it but Steven had a certain style of playing on the drums that was a huge part of making that first album. Matt is good also but his style is more technique. Steven had a swing-beat in his drum playing that I prefer over technique. I glad to hear that he is doing well now and has his project going. Steven get out there and kick some...........:beer:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Steven is a lost cause.

I feel horrible saying that, but it's the truth. If he can't get clean and stay clean in 20 years time, he's never going to. That's a very dark, and very sad place to be.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree he was a big part of AFD, and I liked his drumming (had swing, as you put it), but in regards to kicking him out:

Itchy GTR wrote:

It really got to me in reference to back than when he got booted out of the band. I felt some betrayal from the other guys in the group either doing that to him or if it was Axl or management. If he was that far gone they should of stood beside him as brothers and defend and help him.

It had to be done. The bands trying to record a rock album & Steven must have been crazy messed up on drugs, unreliable etc.. The band probably gave him too many second chances already, & kept getting burned. It had to be done.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

I guess you're right. Didn't realize he was that far gone during the Use Your Illusion period. : )

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

If Steven got his addiction by the balls like many before him he could be a happy, relaxed millionaire living off fat royalty checks, not the stumbling, slurring wreck he has become.
I wish him the best but it's time to stop living in the past and blaming Axl and the old band and start dealing with this problem.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I wish him the best but it's time to stop living in the past and blaming Axl and the old band and start dealing with this problem.

And hellooooooooo sweeping generalization.

Might want to check out this recent interview & thread.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=6255

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I'm referring to the lawsuit he won against the old GNR.
Obviously he blames Axl now, but back then he moaned that they all got him into drugs and then dumped him..or twords to that effect.

Board footer