You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Josh Freese on Axl and Chinese Democracy

Smoking Guns wrote:

LR is not Otis, trust me on that.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's definitely him, he's just trying to sound more smart and sophiscated in his constant Axl hate.

If it is, he certainly argued fairly well against Atari over in the VR section. 

I see some similarities between the two posters.  Wasn't Otis originally BringBackAdler at one point?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I agree that they are not the same person

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Loaded Revolver wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Oh, come on...

Is it impossible that he just doesn't have anything bad to say?

Of course not, but then again when he was in GnR it was inherently the Axl Rose Project, and still is, where no one is ever TRULY an equal partner, and they knew that going in and know it now. His situation with GnR and Axl is totally different from that of the original members.

Let's not bullshit anyone here, these interviews are posted as an attempt to discredit what the original band members have said about Axl, and for what it's worth the same is true regarding people posting interviews from the original members to discredit what the newer guys have to say. The truth is they are not the same, they are dealing with Axl on different levels and in different situations, and that goes for Axl's comments about the original members as compared to the newer guys. Certain situations bring out the worst in people, feeling like you have no control over something, or feeling like someone is trying to take control from you or control you, tends to make people act like assholes.

I would like you to point out where in any credible source it says that no one in GNR right now is an equal partner to Axl.  People don't even have to be equal partners to Axl, since there are 7 or 8 others besides him that could over turn his decision. 

I would like to point out that it seems to be the case that Axl is not a dictator of GNR for several reasons.  First is what the current/recent members of GNR have said about him.  Second is his own words about not wanting to work on This I Love or include it on the album but other members wanted it so they got it. 

That is in no way saying that he doesn't have a lot of control, but that he isn't a sole dictator like many like to believe. 

What are your reasons for Josh saying nice sentiments regarding Axl?  He's not in the band.  CD has been released, he got a writing credit already.  What's the reason then?  He wants to be back in the band?  Doubtful.

war

war wrote:

Axl has more power than anyone else in the band, naturally, because none of the current members were even around when he went to court and obtained full rights to the band name. Do you think he would sign over a share of the rights, after fighting exhaustively with slash and duff to get them, to a group of musicians (whom most of which are long gone)?

Axl may very well allow input from the gang but he's very much in charge, creatively speaking.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Owning the rights to the name does not equal creative control necessarily.  My point wasn't that he signed over the rights, just that others in the band obviously have some sway over what goes on. 

He would never sign over the rights to anyone.  16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

LR is not Otis, trust me on that.

Why, 'cause it's you?

war

war wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Owning the rights to the name does not equal creative control necessarily.  My point wasn't that he signed over the rights, just that others in the band obviously have some sway over what goes on. 

He would never sign over the rights to anyone.  16

that doesn't mean he has less control - it means he values their input.

If that's the case.

Board footer