You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

Coma wrote:
Axl wrote:

SOON

Axl wrote:

In a week or so

What happend with the video? There isn't any news about it or anything, the whole thing seems like be lost somewhere.
4 or 5 months ago he said that it would be out in 1 week or so...
Everybody knows that Axl's weeks are years in real life but nothing except about the whole Lars thing was said about it:

Gunsnroses.com wrote:

December 30, 2008

GN'R ON VIDEO
GunsNRoses.com

Lars isn't holding anything up with our video. Our message board comments were meant casually, in fun and amongst friends.

Unfortunately someone with Roadrunner and or Blabbermouth may have taken things a bit out of context and made them into a bit more than they are in reality. Our apologies to anyone who may have been confused. We hope to have our video out shortly.

Thank you.

GNR

We appreciate your understanding,

Guns N' Roses

what about it?
it would ever see the light of the day or it would be buried forever?
what are you thinking?
we just have to sit and wait 10 years for it?

Coma

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It'll never see the light of day.

The single is dead.
The album is dead.
There's no scheduled tour.

What's there to promote? And regardless of what the diehards think, a re-release will NOT see a single re-release of CD or Better. They'll go with something else and videos for something else - IF - it happens.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

i think that if they re-release CD it would have less sales and everyone gonna think that theyre assholes  but only for diehards it would cool and only they are gonna buy it  and then things are gonna to get worse...

AtariLegend wrote:

I think they should release a video like the Harley Davidson advert, just a video of a biker driving down a lone road.

The video that was intended featuring Lars and Finck, but no Buckethead was just a bad idea and I hope they realised that.

...And I'm certain they will tour this year in some form.

I also don't think albums done yet either, we'll see how good their second effort is first.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also agree Coma that a re-release would then TRUELY only be purchased by diehards. It'll make CD: first release, look like a cultural hit.

And Atari, I also agree. I think that they might have just let CD in the wind, and our focusing on a new release, which I think is the best option at this point, especially with Robin now gone. Just forget CD, and MOVE ON.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The obvious problem is that many key players from CD are no longer in the band, Bucket, Robin, and Paul to a lesser extent.  But the 2 main guitarists on the album are now replaced by Ron and DJ.  So it's hard to reintroduce GNR AGAIN when the 2 lead guitarists are different than on the album.  If they DID release a video would they show clips of Robin and Bucket?  I mean, they'd have to, right?  It's certainly an odd situation, who knows how they'd handle it.  Obviously, so far, they haven't handled it in any way.  Maybe they're just as lost as we are.  It sure seems that way sometimes.

I'd hate to think that they're just going to move on now and not give CD it's fair due.  I think it's a great album and deserves to be properly promoted and featured.  That hasn't happened yet.  Now that a lineup is intact, I'd say move forward WITH CD, not move away from it.  I'll leave it up to the professionals to figure out how exactly to do that.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The single is dead.
The album is dead.

What's there to promote? And regardless of what the diehards think, a re-release will NOT see a single re-release of CD or Better. They'll go with something else and videos for something else - IF - it happens.

Good to see your staying positive. Its a scientific fact that bitchin about the lack of a Tour Video Promotional campaign etc. does not cause a single one of those things to manifest.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

the fucking hilarious thing is... we're all clamoring for what'll no doubt be at most a performance clip video collage with footage we've already fucking seen...;)

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

"It's in my ass that's where!"

Sorry had to 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The single is dead.
The album is dead.

Good to see your staying positive. Its a scientific fact that bitchin about the lack of a Tour Video Promotional campaign etc. does not cause a single one of those things to manifest.

In science there are no facts, just theories.

Board footer