You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

bigbri wrote:

No one's been vindicated, no one's right. There is no right. I don't drink the kool-aid, you'll never see me at those sites. This is the site I like, but there needs to be a REASONABLE attempt at balance.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

O...kay. I think it's balanced.

I haven't seen an unreasonable negativity. The situation is what it is. Nothing is happening, and the entire situation has been squandared. This is fact. I don't think there's a negativity in stating that the situation is bleak.

Now if someone were to come in and say, "fuck Axl, he's a fuckin' asshole, he stole the name, and it's not really GN'R, and he needs to just reunite or fuckin' die. I fuckin' hate him"

THAT'S unreasonable negativity to me.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I didn't say it was unreasonable negativity. I said reasonable balance.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well what the fuck does that mean? 14

For every bad thing we say, say "love you Ax"

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This board is about a non-existent band.

I think that's taking it a bit far smile

I mean we had a new album last year, an accouncment of a new guitarist only a few months back, and it seems rehersals are taking place with a view to a tour.

Things happen slow in GNR but they are happening...it's not like we're back to 04.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I guess it really doesn't matter what the fuck it means then. For just an average fan like me with no die-hard stances on the hot topics it just gets harder and harder to stomach sometimes.

So, yay, congrats.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This board is about a non-existent band.

I think that's taking it a bit far smile

I mean we had a new album last year, an accouncment of a new guitarist only a few months back, and it seems rehersals are taking place with a view to a tour.

Things happen slow in GNR but they are happening...it's not like we're back to 04.

Besides the album, we're precisely back in 2004. 2004 was two years off a tour, rumored live shows at Rio IV and a summer tour, with the album to be released later in the year, and a departing guitarist.

Here's 2009, not counting the album...

We have the album (instead of it's rumored release), Two years off the last live shows, rumored tour with VH, and a departing guitarist (Robin).

Looks identical to me.

bigbri wrote:

I guess it really doesn't matter what the fuck it means then. For just an average fan like me with no die-hard stances on the hot topics it just gets harder and harder to stomach sometimes.

So, yay, congrats.

Yeah, but who exactly is at fault for that? Fans or band? I think it can depend. It isn't always the fans fault.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Why was DJ added?  So they could not tour and just sit around for the next 9 years?  Would he leave a successful band and sign up for something like that?  Just because we haven't heard anything yet doesn't mean nothing is gonna happen.  I remember in September the negativity was rampant here and everyone was screaming how the album was never coming out.  Then a month later it was announced it was coming out and a month after that it was in our hands.  It seems like some are back to being negative and expecting the worst (nothing).

There certainly is a different line of thinking, and that's the side I choose to be on.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Because DJ is on retainer. He gets paid regardless. In the world of GN'R, his hiring doesn't mean anything at all.

I think it's his immediate 'confirmation' that might lend some theorizing to plans being in the works. I also think not shooting down the VH rumors lends some credibility to the claims of a joint-tour.

But the rumors existing? Guitarists getting hired? All hands on deck? Means nothing for Guns. Dizzy's been an active member since 1990. And out of those 19 years, he spent 12 of them at home collecting royalties.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No one's been vindicated, no one's right. There is no right. I don't drink the kool-aid, you'll never see me at those sites. This is the site I like, but there needs to be a REASONABLE attempt at balance.

I get exactly what you're saying.  And I agree.

The self-righteousness and ass kissing in this thread is disgusting right now.  Someone made a semi-supported stream guesses that turned out to be right (but could have easily turned out to be fully wrong, and not all of which were true), and they are God. 

I believe we've had many people do the same thing over the years.  Most of them were wrong.  Last I checked, none of them were really 'in' the business side of GNR.

Board footer