You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Weiland Arrested Again

TMZ has learned that rocker Scott Weiland has been arrested, again, for DUI. Shocker, we know.

The Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver singer was driving on an L.A. highway around 6:15 PM on November 21 when he crashed his car. While the California Highway Patrol was investigating the non-injury wreck, they noticed Weiland appeared to be impaired. (Um ... ya think?) According to the police report, Weiland failed sobriety tests and refused to take a blood or urine test. He was booked for "driving under the influence of a drug. "

He was released on $40,000 bail and will be back in court on December 13.

Weiland is no stranger to run-ins with the law. He was busted for buying crack in 1995, domestic violence in 2001, DUI on his birthday in 2003, and as TMZ first reported, allegedly trashed a hotel room while brawling with his wife. His wife later issued a statement saying her hubby was "simply trying to help calm me down."

Calls to Weiland's reps were not immediately returned.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/03/velvet-re … ted-again/

Welp, that can't be good for the band

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well at least we know now why all the cancellations 17

damn i thought he was good to go, but mr brownstone just wouldnt leave him alone sad

nugdafied wrote:

Alot of thoughts crossed my mind while reading this, but the one that stands out to me is how lame Weiland's actions are here. The guy has everything in the world going for him & he can't stop himself from driving around all fucked up. I don't care if he wants to snort his life away, just don't get in a car & put innocent people at risk.

Agreed, thank god he didn't kill anyone.   I do feel sorry for him, addictions are a tough thing to break, some harder then others, he is in the catagory of no matter what he'll never break his addiction.   The cycle will always come back to him doing some substance to get him high. 

Shame really.

yea hopefully he spends some time in jail.  it should be mandatory for DUI no matter who it is.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I pray to God it's not drugs again.  He can do so much better than that.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Saikin, well, the police say DUI of a drug, so ... that's that. This dude needs to get his shit together. He's just a more stable, more successful version of Adler. Just can't stop himself.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think the VR train stops here. Now the world knows why these guys can't do any shows. I also agree with those saying Weiland should do significant jail time over this. He has had way too many chances already, and a signal needs to be sent that you cant put peoples lives at risk just because you choose to be a junkie.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Heres the police report

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/1230_scott_wm.pdf

according to this, he was arrested on November 21st.

Sorta sheds some light on them killing the Aussie tour for "health reasons".

"On 11-21-07 at approximately 1818 hours Weiland was involved in a non-injury traffic collision in which he was determined to be a fault.  While investigating the traffic collision Weiland exhibited signs of impairment.  The investigating officer administered a series of field sobriety tests to the drive, which he was unable to satisfactory perform.  Weildand was arrested for driving under the influence of a drug.  he was taken to LAPD Van Nuys jail where he refused  to take a blood or urine test.  Weiland was booked along with his property into the LAPD Van Nuys Jail." 

--from the report.

Board footer