You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: I'm gonna share this with Evo first...

harmon420 wrote:

Thanks. Karma.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is a light year better than the album version. Gives the song a completely different tone. The piano and other instruments meld perfectly without hearing Finck's nails on a chalkboard.

The geeks need those rock band files ASAP.

Before its all said and done, hardcore fans are gonna make a better Chinese Democracy than GNR did.

Nice job Patti. 5

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Probably Axl's best piano work, and Pitman's best work I've heard in general.

I might be wrong but I thought Axl said he composed everything on this one, and that he was proudest of those parts in This I love?

TBH i'm not sure I like this mix more, but it is interesting to hear what else is hidden in there!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nah, Dizzy & Chris both added orchestral elements.

I have to say BrokenGlass, you are one cool mother fucker droppin' this on us.

The song was already great, but it just gets better. Maybe not 'tone changing' in what James referred to, not to my ears at least, but it does seem to vindicate some of us Robin bashers that his guitar solo is a worthless piece of garbage that adds nothing to the song, and in fact holds the song back.

The all orchestral version is actually much more heavy & bigger WITHOUT GUITAR than with it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I found what i was talking about. He doesn't say he wrote everything but I get the impression that cool bit during the solo is from him:

rex wrote:

Axl, do you think This I Love is still the heaviest thing you've written, or has another song popped up that now holds that title?

dexter wrote:

That's still it and ultimately a great healing experience to compose something you have no real idea you're capable of such as the bridge. It's a lot more intricate than I think most realize yet as the guitar and vocals are placed as they should be so dominant. The main string melody in that section I had originally written to a hip-hop loop as well.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

bah, the link has maxed out.

anyone hook me up?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Havnt heard it yet, but I was actually wondering yesterday if the sound of a man torturing a guitar had symbolism or something. Like it was supposed to represent Axls aching, bleeding heart. Its such an ugly solo, it cant just be on there because Axl didnt want to hurt his feelings.

I've been looking forward to an instrumental of this, I love my classical music and this has some interesting work in it, unfortunately buried.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

anyone gots a new link?

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Here's a new link:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvb … VlZMWEE9PQ

Can somebody please put this on YouTube? I can't keep making new links every time 30 people DL a link. It would be a lot easier to share if someone just put this on YouTube and we had one link.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Here's a new link:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvb … VlZMWEE9PQ

Can somebody please put this on YouTube? I can't keep making new links every time 30 people DL a link. It would be a lot easier to share if someone just put this on YouTube and we had one link.

You should have uploaded it to 4shared. Their links never die as long as you log into your account once a month.

Board footer