You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Which CD track do you want the multitracks for the most?

Axlin16 wrote:

Really cool topic actually. Here's my picks...

Street of Dreams - I doubt this is possible with the structure of the final song, but I was wondering if somehow the pianos could be removed in places, and more guitar brought in, and maybe even turned up to give it a more guitar-driven feel. Maybe possible a mix that would see a tweaked studio cut mixed with a HQ soundboard from 2002 with both Robin & Bucket's guitars. I'd like to see something, in a studio form, closer to that 2002 version, which was the definitive cut imo.

Catcher - like everyone else, i'd like to hear the final studio version with either May's guitar, or Ron's turned down, and May's turned way up. The demo is better than the studio version.

Madagascar - like others have stated, i'd like to see a version of Madagascar that removes the quotes, and turns up the Bucket solo. It'd probably make the song even better, even though I like the quotes too.

This I Love - i'd like to take all the guitars off this, and make it strictly a piano/orchestral piece. I'd even like to hear an instrumental version that removes vocals, just to hear how amazing the music is in this song.

LoneSalBugz
 Rep: 3 

LoneSalBugz wrote:

Prozzy.

I reckon it'd sound good as an instrumental. There's a lot going on in there too.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Catcher - I've grown to like Ron's solos, but I'd love to try assembling a mix using the cleaned-up Brian May demo and the multitracks.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Chinese Democracy, Catcher In the Rye, Madagascar and This I love.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I want either If The World or Catcher.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

am i the only one that doesnt want fan mixes?

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:

i dont really want to hear fan mixes, id just like to hear things on their own, like that this i love backing track. i think theres a lot of stuff buried in the mixes. id love to get my hands on the masters for the rerecord of SCOM as well, id love to hear the keyboard stuff properly

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

You know, I was going through the Shackler's Revenge MOGG last night, and I think I agree with you.

Granted, Shackler's Revenge is a straight-forward rocker, with not too much going on, like some of the other tracks, especially the ballads.

But, with that said, there wasn't any amazing thing I discovered with the Shackler's MOGG that I wanted to remix. The song is pretty damn good as is. The cool parts were hearing the isolated tracks themselves, like creating a Shackler's instrumental, with no vocals, just to kind of hear the music. Or listening to the guitar stuff, without anything else, like a solo (as choppy as the 'industrial' construction of the song is). Also hearing Axl's backing vocals gave Shackler's a whole different vibe, but the way the vocals are set up, would not allow a remix with those backing vocals alone. It wouldn't sound right, and if it doesn't sound right, I say don't fuck with the song. Even as a fan.

I think in the end, i'd love to get ahold of these MOGG's, just to hear an instrumental version of the album.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

There are a few fan mixes I have heard that I like (Silk Worms alternate mix comes to mind) but for the most part I'm not much into the remixes.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I'm with you.  I really could care less.  I like the songs the way they are, so find no need to alter them in any way.  But that's just me.

Board footer