You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

James wrote:

WOW. Best game of the year. Hard to believe Baltimore wound up losing. They had the Pats where they wanted them until the final minutes. Of course that bone headed timeout called by the Ravens on 4th and 1 is what lost them the game, and also the penalties afterwards.

The 'blueprint' is now there on how you beat this "unbeatable" team. Ravens basically did what the Colts did earlier this season, but with more intensity. Throw a ton of different defensive schemes at Brady and show him you are not afraid to blitz them. He was frustrated pretty much all game. So was the rest of the team. Baltimore did all the right things on offense, mainly running and using the short-medium passing game to your advantage, but they have no playmakers on offense and its one of the reasons they couldn't secure the victory.

The Pats game against the Steelers is going to be very interesting, and ALL playoff bound teams are most definitely taking notes on tonight's game.

If the Pats beat the Steelers, they are likely going 16-0, however they are going to have some difficulty in the playoffs.

Its not going to be a coronation.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That was a good game. That hail Mary came awfully damn close.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^there woulda been a pass interference against the ravens

but man that was a fucking nailbiter 18

still though with the amount of pressure brady was getting, he was still right in there, alot of bobbled passes by the Pats WR's hmm

its too bad the ravens didnt play like that all year, they would be in a much differnet scenario right now if they came out to play all season. and that jackass who threw the ref's flag in the stands....he's gonna get a fine for sure...they would have had a chance to tie if he wouldnt have dont that

I know a perfect season wont be easy, and its not neccessary as far as i'm concerned, it would be nice sure, but not neccessary, in fact it would prolly give them a wakeup call...pats gotta figure out how to stop the run 17 every close game they had was because the RB stood on his head and carried the offense

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

The Ravens/Pats game was great.  I earned a new respect for Ray Lewis and the way he motivated and led his team.  I lost a little more for Brady.   I thought he acted like a total prick in the interview that followed the game.  Too cocky and too whiney.  The fact is the bonehead timeout on the 4th and 1 is the only reason they got the win and to be fair a couple of calls that were made heavily favored the Pats and had they not been made the outcome could have been much different.   Brady was even questioned about this very thing when some reporter mentioned that [paraphrase] "alot of calls went your way in the fourth quarter", he got pissed off and came back with something like "the other three quarters went their way".   Hardly true, the Ravens were penalized 13 times for 100 yards while the Pats were only penalized 4 times for 30 yds.

In the end Baltimore played a good game and the Pats played a good game.   It's obvious that Brady (in particular) and the Pats are no longer so sure they can't be beat this season however and I think Pittsburgh has a great chance of offing the perfect season.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, Pats-Steelers is gonna be game of the week. Unfortunately, Pittsburgh has not been playing very well the past few weeks, so Pats have a distinct advantage. Still going to be good, and is realistically the last chance for the Pats to lose. After Pit, the only decent team they play is the Giants, and the chances of the Pats losing there are slim to none.

I think I laughed every time I seen Brady bitching at the refs when he would throw an incomplete pass. Does he really expect to connect on every single pass?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Pomalau is hurt still, knee i think, so that will be a big negative to the steelers to not have him back there

As for Brady bitching at the refs...well the corners were all over the recievers, nearly any of those plays coulda been interference, and yes he does expect to complete every pass ...when you are as good as him you have that luxury 14 kidding....competitive spirit man, Pats arent used to a "D" that tough

James

James wrote:

I would have loved to see this Pats team face the Bears defense from 2005. Bears would probably win 9-3.

I really hope we get to see a Cleveland-NE matchup in the playoffs. Cleveland scores in the high 20's/low 30's consistently, and has put up 51 points earlier this year. It would be an incredible game.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I am really rooting for Cleveland this year, and not just cause Dallas has their #1 pick next year. They are a real good story, and they are appearing to be a very good team. People disregarding them need to take notice. They are legit. They very easily could have won that game Sunday if not for some "great" NFL officiating that we have all come to know and love.

James

James wrote:

I've been saying all year that the team to watch out for is Cleveland. Luckily the rest of their schedule isn't too bad, although that Buffalo game could get ugly. I would REALLY hate for this team to wind up missing the playoffs. Like you said, its a good story and I really like how every now and then in the NFL, a team comes out of nowhere and either goes to the SB, or at least knocks out a top contender.

As I have mentioned before, I think Cleveland is the only playoff bound team that has a shot at knocking out the Pats in New England.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yeah since about Week 2 or so, the Browns have really caught my eye. If Romeo Crenell doesnt win coach of the year, they should just get rid of the award all together.

Board footer