You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Unreleased Layne Staley songs

Saikin wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thx for this find. Not the greatest stuff. Sounds like late 80's to me. Layne's voice changed over the years, even on his non-AIC stuff, and the voice on these trx sounds like late 80's Layne, like on some of the Facelift '88 Demos.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Thanks man. I thought I'd never hear Layne's voice in studio again, but here a little more is. I'd believe it is him, but I guess if it is fake I won't be crushed. Hopefully it's not the guy from Thread again, haha. I'd guess it's 80s but possibly early 90s, but probably before Mad Season or Jar of Flies even.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I was really getting into AIC just before Layne died.  Of course it took me until their final release.  I remember reading a Rolling Stone piece about the band while waiting for a haircut and how captivating it was.  I was just getting into drugs (weed) at the time and the stories they told sounded terrific.  Looking back though, not so much.  Of course I never got wrapped up in the "H" or anything else like that.  Anyhow, Layne, unfortunately seemed destined for his early demise.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Layne is so tragic to me.

If anyone needs a "don't do drugs" or "just say no" message... look at the life and demise of Layne Staley.

Board footer