You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Trent Blasts Axl In New Interview

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

In an ironic turn of events, I've recently been informed (10 minutes ago) that I'll be going to see nin tonight.

Hope you have a good one. I saw them in Feb and it was a good show. 9

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Communist China wrote:

The thread should be locked because it's no longer about anything to do with Trent's comment which barely counts as a comment at all. This is a GNR board, and if you don't want to talk about GNR, don't post here. Get on board or fuck off.

Posting about how NIN isn't a good band or how Trent Reznor isn't relevant, has nothing to do with Guns. It's an off topic flame war.

If the GnR section is going to be filled with posts saying 'Genne, Manson n Axl please kick Trent Ass' then that's pretty sad. I don't want this board to go that direction.

This is hardly the first thread to go off topic.  If that's reason enough to lock a thread, no threads would exist on this board.  I actually like the fact that you're allowed to go off topic a little here.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Trent blasts everyone, eventually. I love NIN but the guy is and pretty much always has been a prick. Not too many people, outside, a) depend on him for a/the gig, or b) kiss his ass, really like him from what I can tell.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Wow Faldor! Talk about someone completely missing the point. Holy fuck. let me spell it out for you. this thread has gotten so god damn ridiculous because never in my nine years of posting on a  Gn'R forum have I ever seen Gn'R fans slam NIN the way they have in this thread. Why all of a sudden are they doing this? Ummm... gee it's because someone insulted their fucking hero. It's no longer a rational discussion but rather a  defensive attitude by fans who are clearly upset over someone blasting their super hero. Where were all the "Trent is a  no talent hack and NIN suck so fucking bad" comments when Robin rejoined the band or came from the band in the first place? Oh that's right those comments didn't fucking exist cause nobody really felt or feels that way. Only when Trent calls Axl an idiot does it become open season on NIN and suddenly becomes time to express our true distain for the talentless band known as Nine Inch Nails. Please fanboys give me a fucking break!

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Ah Bono.  I do agree with you as I pointed out the same thing.  But you see, the fanboys won't admit it.  And what's even funnier is that Trent's comments are not that bad.  When I saw this thread first, the first thing that came to my mind was that Trent lost a lot of Axl fans and would be blasted.  And when I read the comments I went "That's it?".  I can't even believe someone wasted time posting this.  As for the fanboy's blasting Trent, same thing happened to Jason Newsted, one of the guys in Twisted Sister, Slash, and just about anyone who dares saying a bad word about Axl.  And mark my words.  Almost everyone praises Baz and his crappy album cause Axl is on it.  If Baz ever says a bad word about Axl, I tell you Bono, you will se the fanboys turning on Baz faster than you will be able to say wow.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

while i have said all along that NIN blow, i definitely agree with the above two posts.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wow Faldor! Talk about someone completely missing the point. Holy fuck. let me spell it out for you. this thread has gotten so god damn ridiculous because never in my nine years of posting on a  Gn'R forum have I ever seen Gn'R fans slam NIN the way they have in this thread. Why all of a sudden are they doing this? Ummm... gee it's because someone insulted their fucking hero. It's no longer a rational discussion but rather a  defensive attitude by fans who are clearly upset over someone blasting their super hero. Where were all the "Trent is a  no talent hack and NIN suck so fucking bad" comments when Robin rejoined the band or came from the band in the first place? Oh that's right those comments didn't fucking exist cause nobody really felt or feels that way. Only when Trent calls Axl an idiot does it become open season on NIN and suddenly becomes time to express our true distain for the talentless band known as Nine Inch Nails. Please fanboys give me a fucking break!

Maybe I'm giving people too much credit but I don't think they all of a sudden don't like Trent/NIN because of his comment on Axl.  I'd venture to guess they didn't like him before and the comment certainly didn't change their minds for the better.

After all, the comment really isn't much of anything to get upset about.  I could see if he came out and was completely vicious and over the top.  But calling Axl an idiot?  Come on!  I read worse than that on a daily basis.  I think what hurts Trent in this case is he does it time and time again with respected artists.  If this was the first time he came out and said something critical then it might go by the wayside, but the man likes to get his opinions out there.  I'm sure he's man enough to take some negative opinions back his way.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Maybe I'm giving people too much credit but I don't think they all of a sudden don't like Trent/NIN because of his comment on Axl.  I'd venture to guess they didn't like him before and the comment certainly didn't change their minds for the better.

After all, the comment really isn't much of anything to get upset about.  I could see if he came out and was completely vicious and over the top.  But calling Axl an idiot?  Come on!  I read worse than that on a daily basis.  I think what hurts Trent in this case is he does it time and time again with respected artists.  If this was the first time he came out and said something critical then it might go by the wayside, but the man likes to get his opinions out there.  I'm sure he's man enough to take some negative opinions back his way.

Really.  Up until that thread alot of people who have trashed Trent here since he said Axl's an idiot(which he is) all loved him.  And I'd bet you anything that those same people who love Baz, love his last crappy album, that wish he still tours with GNR (yuk!) would go ape shit on him if he ever dared talk trash on Axl or join Slash.  I remember reading once.  It may have been at HTGTH but am not sure. That Hetfield was jealous of Axl's carreer cause he had made a JOKE about Welcome to the Jungle.  Now I ain't an expert but if I was Hetfield the last thing I'd be is jealous of Axl's carreer.  And trust me that is so lame.  I love Metallica but if I ever met Lars Ulrich I'd probably punch him in the face.  I love GNR but for the life of me I can't defend Axl on being an idiot cause well quite Franctly he is a fucking idiot.  I like Bon Jovi but I have to admit that Jon Bon Jovi has an ego that can't be measured.  Point is, I can be a fan of one's music and still see that they are human beings and like us have flaws.  On a closing note while Axl does seem to be an idiot I've always said that he seems to be a loyal generous person, the guy has to have some qualities as well.

You'd punch Lars Ulrich in the face?

That's an even better quote than the person who said that he would kick Axl in the balls if he ever met him.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

You'd punch Lars Ulrich in the face?

That's an even better quote than the person who said that he would kick Axl in the balls if he ever met him.

I wouldn't even hesitate for one nano second.  God that guy annoys me.  Does that make me a lesser Metallica fan?  No fucking way!  I love Metallica and will go see them live (I just won't meet Lars tongue ).  Like I said before.  Anybody who still believes Axl has this grand masterplan is either very delusional or not very smart.  Axl has proved numerous times in his career that he isn't very smart.  Talented yes but not gifted intelectually.

Board footer