You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: SLASH's Mother Dies

James wrote:

RIP

I don't remember that interview mentioned in the article and I read all of them back in those days. Does it exist online?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

My condolonces, RIP - very sad news

James, it is the preface to the 1990 Rolling Stone interview with Slash (the one where he was on the cover).

Here's a picture of Slash with his mother and father:

slash-n-parents05.jpg

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Here's another...

slashandhismother.jpg

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its probably too much to ask for, but I really hope this puts an end to all those ignorant little shits on other message boards thinking its cool, funny and somehow acceptable to refer to Slash as "Cancer" and "The Cancer".

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

RIP

Condolences to Slash and the Hudson family.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Sorry Slash. Be strong man and remember the good times with your mother.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

From Slashs myspace:

June 9, 2009 - Tuesday

Ola Hudson

Hello all, as some of you may already know, my mom (Ola Hudson) died 6:30am last Friday morning of Lung Cancer. This is a difficult time, but I have to share with you that she was the sweetest, warmest, most loving human being I've ever known (next to my grandmother on her side), as well as one of the most creative & talented. She was also the coolest Rock & Roll mom a Rock junkie like myself could ever possibly want to have. She was responsible for exposing me to a lot of the music that would influence me as a musician growing up. As well as introducing me to "the life" & priming me to survive this crazy business that I'm now in. But more importantly, she turned me on to all different forms of art & the importance of artistic self expression & creative communication thru music & dance from as early on as I can remember. She really was all things artistic & creative personified & the world is a lesser place without her.

I still haven't grasped fully that she is gone & this is going to take some time to process. But, I have gotten a lot of really genuine condolences from many of you & I want to tell you that I appreciate it more than you can possibly know. My family & I thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
   Slash

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its probably too much to ask for, but I really hope this puts an end to all those ignorant little shits on other message boards thinking its cool, funny and somehow acceptable to refer to Slash as "Cancer" and "The Cancer".

I was'nt aware this was happening. If true its pretty idiotic and not because of what has happened, just idiotic in general. I love Axl but Slash was a huge part of the music we all love also, and for some so called fans to be labeling him that is pretty sad. Honestly i thought it was fairly low of Axl to even say it, sure maybe thats what he thinks of him but he did'nt have to say it to the world. Whats even worse is these fools on the message boards are probably adults too....sad sad sad.

Anyway im sorry to hear about his mother, i lost my father awhile back and it was pretty hard.  My Condolences to Slash, friends and family.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I was'nt aware this was happening. If true its pretty idiotic and not because of what has happened, just idiotic in general. I love Axl but Slash was a huge part of the music we all love also, and for some so called fans to be labeling him that is pretty sad. Honestly i thought it was fairly low of Axl to even say it, sure maybe thats what he thinks of him but he did'nt have to say it to the world. Whats even worse is these fools on the message boards are probably adults too....sad sad sad.

Anyway im sorry to hear about his mother, i lost my father awhile back and it was pretty hard.  My Condolences to Slash, friends and family.

I fully agree with Olorin, and yes Irish it happens constantly on all the other forums. This is literally the only place you wont see that kind of shit. We may bitch and moan and argue with one another on some of these topics, but its always done with some class and no one here ever pulls out the "cancer card".

If Axl ever comes out of his cave, he should apologize for the comment and that would probably stop his brain dead nutswingers from repeating it hourly.

Board footer