You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl's fired and re hired Azoff 3 times in last 5 weeks!

Axlin16 wrote:

Thank you gnfnraxl.

People totally miscontrue what I say. I don't give a SHIT, and I repeat, I don't give a SHIT whether mainstream people like new Guns. As long as the music is good, is all I care about.

But I don't run Universal. Axl's got a brand name, that's bigger than headlining Rockalohoma, and Universal is not going to LET Axl Rose, regardless of his ownership of the name, drive it's profitability into the ground. They'll blacklist him, then refuse to let him out of his contract.

That's where the problem lies imo. I think for Axl to play ball with the Guns N' Roses name, he's going to have to see some sort of mainstream relevance & successful to suffice UMG.

This comes down to business.

The last thing I am is one of those people that if my friend's don't think it's cool, then it's not cool.

I have taken shit after shit after shit for the last decade for supporting Axl. At this point I might as well right this doomed train to it runs into the ravine, because I need to follow through with it, instead of looking like more of an ass to alot of people for supporting the man.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You know Bono.

I'm pretty selfish when it comes to musical entertainment and enjoyable times listening to music. I don't really care about band dynamics, fanbase receptions or the "thrashing of the band name".

It's not religion to me, it doesn't stick that deep and I quite frankly DON'T CARE.

What I want is entertainment. I get that from Guns N Roses. I listen to Chinese Democracy, read the rumours, discuss the no-shows and the poor album sales and I enjoy every minute of it. I enjoy the myths, the religious GNR freaks. Fuck I even enjoy reading falungong69's posts at HTGTH. I enjoy all of that. I like to discuss what Axl is and I laugh at all of those people who diagnose him or speak of him as a saint/best man on the planet or as a fucking asshole. I laugh every time I hear these people taking personal offense over the band-name usage and that "it's just not right".

I don't really care. I'm in it for selfish reasons. Entertainment. Not only the album that eventually dropped, but the entire thing.

And so for me, to read these long posts in mags, forums or other places by these individuals who writes as if they take some kind of personal offense as to what Axl does to the brand name that is Guns N Roses, I couldn't really give a flying fuck. It's not MY band, it doesn't have anything to do with me at all. They can do whatever they want to do. Axl can do whatever he wants to do, just let me get a nice cosy armchair and a beer and let me watch the spectacle from a distance. It will never affect me in any way. If I start taking offense and call Axl an asshole and proudly spend my time posting stuff about how Axl the asshole is trashing the brand name, then I will quit immediately.

This ain't directed to you first and foremost dude, but I'm speaking in general terms.

a bit harsh on multiple fronts, but I agree that he should have dropped the name at whatever point over the last 10 years.

Absolutely not. What would be the fun in that???? Some stupid solo Axl Rose album. Snoooze-fest. That wouldn't be any fun and we would NOT be here discussing anything. It wouldn't be any fun. I strongly object. Let him keep the name. Now, where's my armchair and the beer...

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
DCK wrote:

You know Bono.

I'm pretty selfish when it comes to musical entertainment and enjoyable times listening to music. I don't really care about band dynamics, fanbase receptions or the "thrashing of the band name".

It's not religion to me, it doesn't stick that deep and I quite frankly DON'T CARE.

What I want is entertainment. I get that from Guns N Roses. I listen to Chinese Democracy, read the rumours, discuss the no-shows and the poor album sales and I enjoy every minute of it. I enjoy the myths, the religious GNR freaks. Fuck I even enjoy reading falungong69's posts at HTGTH. I enjoy all of that. I like to discuss what Axl is and I laugh at all of those people who diagnose him or speak of him as a saint/best man on the planet or as a fucking asshole. I laugh every time I hear these people taking personal offense over the band-name usage and that "it's just not right".

I don't really care. I'm in it for selfish reasons. Entertainment. Not only the album that eventually dropped, but the entire thing.

And so for me, to read these long posts in mags, forums or other places by these individuals who writes as if they take some kind of personal offense as to what Axl does to the brand name that is Guns N Roses, I couldn't really give a flying fuck. It's not MY band, it doesn't have anything to do with me at all. They can do whatever they want to do. Axl can do whatever he wants to do, just let me get a nice cosy armchair and a beer and let me watch the spectacle from a distance. It will never affect me in any way. If I start taking offense and call Axl an asshole and proudly spend my time posting stuff about how Axl the asshole is trashing the brand name, then I will quit immediately.

This ain't directed to you first and foremost dude, but I'm speaking in general terms.

a bit harsh on multiple fronts, but I agree that he should have dropped the name at whatever point over the last 10 years.

Absolutely not. What would be the fun in that???? Some stupid solo Axl Rose album. Snoooze-fest. That wouldn't be any fun and we would NOT be here discussing anything. It wouldn't be any fun. I strongly object. Let him keep the name. Now, where's my armchair and the beer...

+1000000

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I could care less what other people think when i wear my Guns shirts. I do'nt wear them to please other people.

yeah cause that's how I decide what I wear. I weaighs the pros and cons as to whether or not it'll please people. roll  I'm just sick and tired of the bullshit conversations that come with wearing my Gn'R shirts now. maybe some of you don't get that but I do. If I was about pleasing people I wouldn't post the way I do.

Madagas wrote:

I haven't met anyone yet who owns the U2 album either....

honest ruth I know very few people who buy U2 albums as well.  It always amazes me how their albums sell and how many people show up for concerts when I don't know anyone whos' a fan 16

DCK wrote:

14 yeah because being  a U2 fan isn't any fun. There's never anything to talk about. being NIN fan must suck too. hell being a fan of any band who actually does shit for their fans must suck big time. Anyone who says they like this clown show better than an active band is...... well..... hilarious

The thing is DCK is I grew up with Gn'R. It does piss me of that the "Stones" of my generation was flushed down the fucking toilet cause of one douchebags "ultimate vision" . Axl's a  douche and I think those with common sense recognize that. I don't sit at home in a  heap of anger. I don't fucking care anymore.  When I log on(which is less and less) the biggest joke is when people say shit like "we don't know Axl and we don't know what's going on behind the scenes"  That's fucking bullshit. People need to pull their heads out of their ass. Every other band on earth gets shit done, no other band has an ancient scroll of excuses. People who think it's more complicated than it is are dellusional.  The truth here is those who continually defend Axl and try to reason or justify why things are as fucked as they are,  are the ones who take it more personal than those of us who can call a spade a spade.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

hell being a fan of any band who actually does shit for their fans must suck big time.

If I felt GNR or Axl did shit to me, I wouldn't bother anymore. Shit isn't entertainment.

The thing is DCK is I grew up with Gn'R. It does piss me of that the "Stones" of my generation was flushed down the fucking toilet cause of one douchebags "ultimate vision" . Axl's a  douche and I think those with common sense recognize that. I don't sit at home in a  heap of anger. I don't fucking care anymore.  When I log on(which is less and less) the biggest joke is when people say shit like "we don't know Axl and we don't know what's going on behind the scenes"  That's fucking bullshit. People need to pull their heads out of their ass. Every other band on earth gets shit done, no other band has an ancient scroll of excuses. People who think it's more complicated than it is are dellusional.  The truth here is those who continually defend Axl and try to reason or justify why things are as fucked as they are,  are the ones who take it more personal than those of us who can call a spade a spade.

Thing is with this post dude, is that it's just a whole big "WHAT IF".

So, Axl is a douche. He fucked up your band and the dreams and hopes you had for your fave band. I feel for you. Really do. It must be pretty shitty to feel like that.

It's just that, I don't go there. I don't take it on that level.

You call a spade a spade from what you feel and what you assume and from what you can gather of information. It's not a bad assumption or anything out of the ordinary to do what you do, but you can't really talk down on the religious Axl freaks who sticks by him either. Axl is the sun, and you're all just planets circling around it thinking you know why you are in the orbit you are in. You, the religious freaks and everyone else have their own reality in which they live and assume, but in the end...it's all irrelevant.

Grab a chair, get a beer from the fridge and watch the spectacle. It's great. Trust me. Forget the rest and stop thinking Axl is a saint or an asshole all the same. It's much better that way.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bono...don't be petty and don't put words in my mouth. MY FRIENDS don't own the new U2 album, haven't even mentioned that they have an album out, and simply don't buy that many albums anymore. To be honest, they are more worried about selling off the ten houses they bought before the real estate market collapsed. They were and still are U2 fans but they don't go out of their way to buy U2 records, and they definitely would not go out of their way to buy Chinese. Just making a counter point to a silly argument.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bono...don't be petty and don't put words in my mouth. MY FRIENDS don't own the new U2 album, haven't even mentioned that they have an album out, and simply don't buy that many albums anymore. To be honest, they are more worried about selling off the ten houses they bought before the real estate market collapsed. They were and still are U2 fans but they don't go out of their way to buy U2 records, and they definitely would not go out of their way to buy Chinese. Just making a counter point to a silly argument.

What the fuck you crying about? My post was genuinely serious. I honestly don't personally know any U2 fans other than myself and I don't know anyone who owns U2 albums. Fucking cry me a river for agreeing with you. unreal.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

hell being a fan of any band who actually does shit for their fans must suck big time.

If I felt GNR or Axl did shit to me, I wouldn't bother anymore. Shit isn't entertainment.

Thing is with this post dude, is that it's just a whole big "WHAT IF".

So, Axl is a douche. He fucked up your band and the dreams and hopes you had for your fave band. I feel for you. Really do. It must be pretty shitty to feel like that.

It's just that, I don't go there. I don't take it on that level.

You call a spade a spade from what you feel and what you assume and from what you can gather of information. It's not a bad assumption or anything out of the ordinary to do what you do, but you can't really talk down on the religious Axl freaks who sticks by him either. Axl is the sun, and you're all just planets circling around it thinking you know why you are in the orbit you are in. You, the religious freaks and everyone else have their own reality in which they live and assume, but in the end...it's all irrelevant.

Grab a chair, get a beer from the fridge and watch the spectacle. It's great. Trust me. Forget the rest and stop thinking Axl is a saint or an asshole all the same. It's much better that way.

Only you find it entertaining. My entertainment factor died around 2006.

Now it's just sadly pathetic. I don't enjoy, watching a man I used to love from afar as a fan continue to ruin his own legacy, and I can't reach out and help him.

There's nothing entertaining about that to me. If that's entertaining, than Cobain slipping into a suicide-inducing heroin addiction must've been entertaining, and Layne Staley fading away into skeletore from drug addiction must've been entertaining.

If you find Axl's narcissistic-based facism in controlling GN'R, entertaining, more power to you. For me, and alot of others, we just see a sad 47-year old man continue to have an Appetite For Destruction of his own existance and legacy, because of his own God complex of "I am GNR".

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'm around the same age as you are and feel generally the same way.  The maddening thing about this he screws up on basic easy shit that every musician should be able to do.  Showing up on time to his own concerts, boarding a flight on time (I think that was the excuse for the 2002 Vancouver riot), hiring someone to design a competent website, those are all things someone with his money should be able to do.  The problem with him holding the name is that no one will challenge him and he does (or doesn't for the most part) things whenever he feels like it.  Now that CD has been released, most of us can see that Axl for whatever reason just didn't want to release the album.  There were no big obstacles delaying the album--not the label or finances or anything else.

Just look at the output the former Gunners have put out since they left.  Izzy releases an album every two years.  Duff has released several albums with Loaded and VR.  Slash has done 4 albums and will release a solo album, which he recorded in less than a year.  Shit NIN (with Finck) released an album only months after Robin rejoined.

The simple fact is that Axl is lazy.  I know I'll get bashed for this but that's the truth.  He has released one album of original material in 18 years.  I'm not asking for albums every year but an album every four or five years is a reasonable expectation.  AC/DC with band members in their fifties and sixties have released 3 albums since 1995.  I think I finally understand what Slash was talking about when he was talking about Axl's questionable work ethic.

Yes, I know Axl probably has mental health issues but he is in the income bracket where he can afford the medical care where these thing shouldn't interfere with his musical output.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont find the bands inactivity and communication failures exciting, its all rather dull.

My biggest gripe though has always been, I found that "draft" artwork/booklet thing they sold us to be pretty fucking insulting, the vinyl I bought was not up to much either. In fact it sucked, the last songs on every side were unlistenable.
It soured my experience of the release more than anything else and it smacked of disrespect towards the fans. Nearly 6 months later we had to rely on fans transcribing the correct lyrics from RB2 to find out the correct versions.
It would have taken 5 minutes to add a lyric section to the official website but.....nah. 
Why bend your will to please those that laugh in your face, plus only whiners and detracters would look at their website anyway 17

Board footer