You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

When the final chapter is written this console will be in third place, mainly due to the demographic responsible for the initial sales explosion growing up.

16:haha::haha::haha::haha: If that happens I will eat my hat. I'm sorry but the notion that Nintendo are going to come in third at the end of this generation of consoles is laughable.

By March of this year the Wii had sold 50 Million worldwide.
Recently in the past few days Nintendo broke a US Sales Record by selling 20 million consoles in the US alone in just 31 months.

Couple their complete domination of the Home Console market with the Handheld Console market and they're currently unstoppable.

That's why the idea they're gonna come in third place and get knocked out of the industry as a hardware manufacturer is laughable. At this point for the forseeable future unless something catastrophic happens it's pretty much an impossibility.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The Wii is such a success, because it's "gaming for dummies" and it's cheap. I've played it a few times, and hated every moment. It's the most fucking retarded way to play a video game. The whole control RARELY reacts the way it's supposed to, and like James alluded to, the entire list of games is way targeted to children, and not older gamers.

I think in alot of ways, ALL of this generation's consoles were flops, in a sense. Certaintly not the days of PS2 or XBOX revisted. Hell, the PS2 still sells incredibly well, despite it's age.

Wii = too easy for older gamers, controls are problematic, games are limited to younger audiences

360 = The console is a fucking trainwreck of bugs, backed an HD-DVD player, which flopped in the market

PS3 = the best console out there, bar none, the problem - MASSIVELY overpriced

They all struck out at the plate imo, in various forms. Wii's are popular with the people i've seen them popular with, that can't tell when a video game system fucks up, and most of the games are so dumbed down, only a 3 year old could hold interest, and most adults use them for exercise. Like I also said, whatever is the cheapest, sells the best. 360 gets all of the promos, which fucks over Sony, but this only pleases 360 nutswingers. PS3 is the best, but gets the shaft, because you have to WORK the shaft in a dark alley way to be able to get one.

If Sony would've put out the PS3, and priced that fucker at $300 bucks from the get, with the Blu-Ray, it would've put Microsoft & Nintendo out of business - for good, at least in the console market.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If Sony would've put out the PS3, and priced that fucker at $300 bucks from the get, with the Blu-Ray, it would've put Microsoft & Nintendo out of business - for good, at least in the console market.

It actually probably would have just made a pretty big dent into Microsofts marketshare and that's it. Nintendo would still be in the game and the notion that all the games on the Wii are dumbed down shovelware is not entirely true. There are a decent ammount of good games for the system it's just they're buried under all the crap that is released for the system. I'll admit that if you want a proper gaming experience PS3 and Xbox 360 are the way to go but the Wii should not just be dismissed because of what is associated with it. Also going into the handheld market the DS fare a lot better as a traditional gaming console. It has a wide variety of hardcore games as well as casual stuff.

Also this :

the entire list of games is way targeted to children

can be easily disproved with this:

Resdient Evil 4
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Okami
Megaman 9 (yes it's kid friendly but no kid is gonna be able to last ten seconds in this game)
Call of Duty: World At War
MadWorld
No More Heroes
The House Of The Dead: Overkill
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (not a mature game but it's not kiddy cookie cutter bullshit)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Medal Of Honour Heroes 2
Scarface: The World Is Yours
The King Of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Collection
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Tenchu: Shadow Assasins
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Red Steel

And I could go on. Now whilst not many of these games are necessarily "adult" none of them are directly targetted at children. In fact even Super Mario Galaxy whilst its obviously kid friendly isnt targetted directly at children and is an enjoyable experience for a gamer of any age. In fact it's ranked as the third best game of all time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And I still get a kick out of playing Super Mario Bros. on NES Emulators, but that doesn't mean you move on from it. Any gaming list, that doesn't include Grand Theft Auto, in 2009, are off the mark, and missing out on an enormous amount of money.

As for the finishing of Nintendo, I stand by that. Sony would've buried Nintendo in their last shot to get back in the game. As I said with Microsoft, it would've knocked them out of the gaming world. Obviously the company would easily survive. Microsoft, the company, could buy both Sony & Nintendo.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And I still get a kick out of playing Super Mario Bros. on NES Emulators, but that doesn't mean you move on from it. Any gaming list, that doesn't include Grand Theft Auto, in 2009, are off the mark, and missing out on an enormous amount of money.

So your saying since Nintendo don't have Grand Theft Auto in their software lineup that the lineup is a failure?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nintendo has a nice little list of exclusive games which include all mario titles and Zelda titles

think how much $$$ the 360 and PS3 are losing out on by not having those titles in their repetoire..and the conroller system on the wii is still a fun thing to experience

nintendo also has virtually the entire market on handheld systems ...

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Neemo wrote:

nintendo has a nice little list of exclusive games which include all mario titles and Zelda titles

think how much $$$ the 360 and PS3 are losing out on by not having those titles in their repetoire..and the conroller system on the wii is still a fun thing to experience

nintendo also has virtually the entire market on handheld systems ...

They also have a critically acclaimed version of GTA on their handheld tongue

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and a handheld guitar hero game as well

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I use Gamecube and N-64 way more than Wii, they're just more fun. And those Mario games are over the hill. The charm was largely in their crappyness, and the older ones are simply more fun.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

As for the finishing of Nintendo, I stand by that. Sony would've buried Nintendo in their last shot to get back in the game. As I said with Microsoft, it would've knocked them out of the gaming world. Obviously the company would easily survive. Microsoft, the company, could buy both Sony & Nintendo.

I dont think the price of PS3 would have made a huge difference. The thing i don't think you understand is most of the people who bought a Wii would never have bought a PS3 or Xbox or anything with more than 4 buttons on the controller.  14

Now it would have done damage to Xbox im sure because its the same market they are after. Nintendo have a whole new untapped market.

Board footer