You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Bumblefoot interview - Brazilian Guitar Player Mag

James wrote:

GNR were presented with the Michael Jackson video vanguard award, and when they went to the stage to receive it, Axl said something about it having nothing to do with MJ.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Cheers for the info guys.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not to mention, years later, Axl stated in an interview how Slash made him cry tears of anger... simply because he collaborated with Michael Jackson.

Shit like that... makes Michael Jackson look normal, compared to Axl.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Not to mention, years later, Axl stated in an interview how Slash made him cry tears of anger... simply because he collaborated with Michael Jackson.

Shit like that... makes Michael Jackson look normal, compared to Axl.

In Axl's defense, he's far from the only person to have questionable views on Michael Jackson.  Not that I agree with those views, but he's certainly not alone.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

But see that's the problem. His views on Michael Jackson were based SOLELY on his music.

Come the fuck on. Who can argue Jackson's talent as a music artist? Axl was making his smart ass comments, WAY before the child molestor shit. Axl looked at Slash performing with MJ as a 'sellout'.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't know the history behind whatever comments he made but there are plenty of people who questioned Michael Jackson's behavior well before the child molestation charges.  If Axl didn't like Jackson's music, that's an opinion, but I find it hard to imagine he doesn't at least appreciate all that he did musically.  Outside of his brilliance in music though there are plenty of strange things that people didn't think were quite right.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Even Bumble can't figure out what it is that Fortus is supposed to do. "Filling out chords" = Not needed.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Axlin08 is right. Axl was ragging on MJ in mag articles back in the late 80s. Said he didn't like his music, but thought the bass on Billie Jean(or was it another song?) was cool.

I'd be willing to bet Mr. Slugworth an everlasting gobstopper that Axl was moonwalking in 82 though.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Axl's views on other artists leaves me so indifferent.  And the main reason for that is that he seems so unstable.  To know who or what influences him can be interested but other than that I don't care.  So Axl thought that Slash sold out by playing with MJ.  Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe he was jealous?  That's exactly what it looks like.  Back on topic.  This Ron interview is basically same old same old.  And I ain't blaming him.  Some of the questions the interviewers always ask that really bugs me is the "How Is Axl really"  Are the things said true"  What bad things that are said about Axl are true"?  Do they really expect Ron to come out and say "Yeah Axl's a complete dick"  Or "Yeah Axl's a real recluse and a pain to work with"?  The guy ain't gonna say anything bad about Axl cause he knows he'll get fired.  And it bugs me that the dumb interviewers can't see that.

Board footer