You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

In my opinion, all the Ocean films gave off that vibe. Thats the problem with doing all star movies like that. However, I can see why it would be worse in the third one.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Tommie wrote:

I watched the first half of Oceans 13 this past weekend.  If you have the chance to watch this movie...dont.  Its was horrible.  I could only sit through the first hour.  I cant put my finger on exactly what I found wrong with the movie.  But I think part of it was, they all just seemed so damn pretentious.  I'm sure it wasn't meant to come off that way, but it just seemed like there were certain scenes that were there for no other reason but to make sure you realized exactly how cool Brad Pitt or George Clooney are.

I like 13. Hated Oceans 12 and Oceans 11 is still by far the best but I thought 13 was actually pretty good.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I rented "Reno:911 Miami" the other day and watched it. Pretty funny, but not as good as I was hoping. Still funny though.

AtariLegend wrote:

Flesh Gordon

James

James wrote:

I just watched Skipped Parts. A pretty cool 'coming of age' story set in the 60's. Stars Jennifer Jason Leigh, Mischa Barton, and a few others. While I liked it, it has the shittiest editing job I have ever seen in my life.  Some scenes end in mid convo. Its like the film was supposed to be longer, but they had to butcher it.

I'll give it a 5/10

I'm gonna watch Welcome to the Dollhouse later tonight.

James

James wrote:

Just had a double feature of The Virgin Suicides and Show Me Love(Fucking Amal). Both were great.

AtariLegend wrote:

"Cold Creek Manner", I don't get how Dennis Quaid could just figure out what was going, how on earth can anyone draw those kind of conclusions.

The only thing surprising is that he didn't fall into the well too.

Jameslofton wrote:

Show Me Love(Fucking Amal).

I seen that not long ago, I thought it was too sappy, but then again I watched "Stardust" just before it...

James

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Show Me Love(Fucking Amal).

I seen that not long ago, I thought it was too sappy, but then again I watched "Stardust" just before it...

I wouldn't call it "sappy", but the film spent way too much time running in place, and concentrated too much on the Elin character. Agnes was the only interesting person in the film, so always showing us Elin and how "wishy washy" she was didn't help the story progress at all, and it actually just made me wonder why Agnes was even in love with someone so shallow. They should have dove deeper into Agnes alienation from society and why she was suicidal. They played the "suicide card" in the film and didn't really do anything with it.

I also hated how the film fleshes out both characters, then spends the second act basically propping up Elin, and in the last part of the film when the two finally get together, it just ends while they're sitting there drinking milk.

The first half hour or so was pretty close to perfection, then starts going downhill.

nugdafied wrote:

Just saw "No Country for Old Men" yesterday. I'll give it a mehhhhh. There's some interesting parts, some slow parts & some retarded parts. The ending is pretty anticlimatic.

James

James wrote:

No Country for Old Men is supposed to be a masterpiece. A definite Oscar contender. I'm gonna watch it, but I Am Legend is coming to theaters this coming week, so I may take a five finger discount on 'No Country'.

Board footer