You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

Just watched La Repetition. Wasn't too impressed. Its one of those films where you expect something catastrophic to happen but it never does. The plot isn't that bad, it just doesn't really go places it could have. A woman being obsessed with her best friend since youth and pretty much giving up everything to reconnect with her even though she was rejected(several times) had more potential than is offered here.

Emmanuelle Beart did a good job in this, and I had forgot what a hot piece of ass she is. Most of you probably seen her in the first Mission Impossible movie.

I'll give this a 5/10.

I was supposed to watch The Girl Next Door tonight, but they sent me the wrong film.:flame: They sent me a comedy with the same title that was released a few years ago. It really pissed me off.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just finished watching Fight Club. Wow. I'm pretty sure I watched this many years ago, but was in a drug induced state at the time and I didn't remember any of this. Watching it with a clear mind(well, as clear as its gonna get) was unreal. Loved the cliffhanger, although you got hints of it throughout the film,  it was still a shock. Everyone put in great performances, and its films like this where you realize Helena Bonham Carter has wasted so much of her career on shit films. Oh well, at least she has a few bright spots, mainly this film. This also reminded me of how great Brad Pitt used to be. Fincher is one of my favorite directors, and he hits a grand slam on this one.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Fight Club's a great movie. A total "guys" film. Brad Pitt's a good actor, and has done some legendary films (12 Monkeys, Se7en, Fight Club, Snatch, Oceans 11).  Even played 'Floyd' in True Romance.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Fight club was surprisingly good.  I am not a fan of Pitt's (bastard's bangin' MY woman 4 ) but this movie and 12 Monkeys and Se7en (as PaSnow mentioned previously) are very good performances in good movies.

Fight Club is great.   One of Ed Nortons better films.   I think this and American History X are his best films.
If you never have seen American History X, I highly recommend it.

Sky Dog wrote:

I've seen The Departed like ten times on Hbo this month...love every bit of it. Irish testosterone. Fight Club is great as is Snatch for Pitt. American History X is a very disturbing, yet powerful movie-I agree Double. Highly recommend it.

I absolutely can't wait for There Will Be Blood to be released. Daniel Day-Lewis is top shelf. Last of the Mohicans, In the Name of the Father, Gangs of New York. He is the man. You don't get any better than Bill the Butcher!:mosh:

I thought The Departed was awesome,  another film highly recommended to those who haven't seen it, really good twists in there that you don't expect to happen. Another Scorsese great 22

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I thought The Departed was awesome,  another film highly recommended to those who haven't seen it, really good twists in there that you don't expect to happen. Another Scorsese great 22

I just saw this movie about 2 weeks ago. Thought it was great. DiCaprio really excelled among the other actors, aside from Jack, who I felt passed the torch on in that bar scene as best living actor. I thought Alec Baldwin was good in it too.  A few small holes in the storyline but I thought the scene in the girls kitchen ("You don't have any cats... I like that.") and in the bar with Jack & Leo (later in the movie, talking about rats) were legendary.

PaSnow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I just saw this movie about 2 weeks ago. Thought it was great. DiCaprio really excelled among the other actors, aside from Jack, who I felt passed the torch on in that bar scene as best living actor. I thought Alec Baldwin was good in it too.  A few small holes in the storyline but I thought the scene in the girls kitchen ("You don't have any cats... I like that.") and in the bar with Jack & Leo (later in the movie, talking about rats) were legendary.

I have always been a DiCaprio fan.  I feel in most movies he is in, he's great, gets into his character and in most times carries the movie.   His early films proved that he was going to be a great actor, A Boys Life, Total Eclipse, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, [an extremely challenging role], Romeo and Juliet and Basketball Diaries, all tough roles that I think molded him to being such a great actor today.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Agreed. It's ashame he took a few years off after Titanic, who knows what roles & films he would have done. But I guess with such popularity he reached he had to lay low. Great actor though, IMHO. And yes Gilbert Grape & B-Ball Diaries were great, early roles from him.

Board footer