You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If the Skwerl

James wrote:

If we hear unheard GNR tracks, skwerl will officially become my hero. A couple new tracks would inject some adrenaline into the fan base.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It'll be some other artist, if they leak.

Lets hope your wrong and it's something better:D

He could just be doing this to get some extra hits today.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Axlin08 was right.

JohnnyFirecloud Keep your eyes (and ears!) open - got some hot shit going down over on @antiquiet in the next few minutes. That means you, hip-hop heads!
13 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/JohnnyFirecloud

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If we hear unheard GNR tracks, skwerl will officially become my hero. A couple new tracks would inject some adrenaline into the fan base.

I don't think we need to go down that road again.  I would rather have the "next" album unfold like all others.  Not track by track over 6 years.

Of course, check back in with me 6 years from now and I may be singing a different tune.  But for now, I'm satisfied with what we've got.

Gong

Gong wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

If the Skwerl gets jail-time, how will you feel?

Frankly, I hope that if this happens someone leaks a song or two.

Kevin does not deserve jail.
Show your support here for him.

If the RIAA wants to "make an example" of Kevin, I suggest that we do the same and "make an example" by leaking a few more tracks.

So ... Kevin got off with 1 year probation, no fines, no restitution, and no jail.

I'm happy for him.

What he did was not a jailable offense IMO.

Bring on the next batch of leaks I say!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont, I hope the new material is contained in a sealed vault, or even better - under Axls mattress.

I'm glad to hear the guy got off though, I thought he was treated like shit by the authorities, they were waaaaaaay to heavy handed in how they dealt with him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

If the Skwerl gets jail-time, how will you feel?

Frankly, I hope that if this happens someone leaks a song or two.

Kevin does not deserve jail.
Show your support here for him.

If the RIAA wants to "make an example" of Kevin, I suggest that we do the same and "make an example" by leaking a few more tracks.

So ... Kevin got off with 1 year probation, no fines, no restitution, and no jail.

I'm happy for him.

What he did was not a jailable offense IMO.

Bring on the next batch of leaks I say!

No jail time was pretty much a given, but I am in shock that he wasn't even fined. The judge either got sick of the wait like everyone else, or simply wasn't impressed with the album.

Since the second album is supposed to be about the same, I think skwerl can rest easy knowing he'll get another slap on the wrist after a second leak. 14

Gong

Gong wrote:

That judge must be a Slash-bot or something. wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

After the situation with that woman that got levied like a $2 million dollar fine, for uploading a bunch of stuff on torrents & P2P programs, AND the only case to ever go to trial...

Most artists and judges agree that the RIAA wastes everyone's time, trying to jail mothers, for uploading/downloading music.

The RIAA lost the battle long ago, and this was their death knell. Like with Cogill, sentences and/or judgments will get less and less and less. Most likely, had Cogill just kept his self-congratulatory mouth shut, he would've probably just had his internet cancelled by his provider, and nothing more.

Board footer