You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: What are you eating?

Axlin16 wrote:

The prices at McD's have gotten WAY out of control About the only thing I ever order there is either their regular Hamburgers or a Grilled Honey Mustard Snack Wrap.

The rest is either extremely fattening or too high, or both.

A premium chicken sandwich at McD's is OVER $5 bucks.

Yet most sit down restaurants have far better quality, with full entree of good, for only $2 dollars more.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

.. thanks guys
now i feel like a jerk off because i run a mcdonald's...
save your money and go to mom and pop hole in the wall sandwich shops...
i found this place the other day.. "domenic's deli"... holy mother of fuck that shit was incredible... all their sandwiches come in "bambino" or "mangia".... i had this thing called "the gino".... hot and sweet capicola, genoa, mortadella on a fresh baked homemade roll with herbs, spices, oil, vinegar and soaked red bell peppers and onions... all fresh sliced meat... fuck chain restaurants... every week find a new spot...but avoid the corporate franchise bullshit.. it's everything that's wrong with america... support local small businesses in the process..you can't go wrong.. unless the food sucks .. then you move on to the next one.. you will be amazed how much fantastic local shit you'll find

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

norway mcdonalds and USA mcdonalds are two different worlds. our local mcdonalds have always been the absolute top of the country in cleanlyness, food wise and anything else. i was shocked at the difference when i for example went to london to eat, or in oslo for that matter.

when i was in the states back in 2001, i felt like trying mcdonalds to see the difference in quality and products, but the people i was with just refused to go. i was a bit annoyed as it would have been interested in seeing.

israel mcdonalds is a waste of time, apart from their interesting chicken selects which doesn't exist here. their burgers are huge compared to the nordic ones...i mean really huge, but the taste is bland and rather odd. almost taste like meat with sugar. and they refuse to put cheese on it, which makes the experience nothing to crave for.

burger king is a different matter..the local one..although with awards for design, sucks food-wise. in london it was amazing. when in the states i went to burger king once or twice, but didn't like it that much. KFC was more my thing.

I remember coming into Dallas FW airport and being picked up by my friend and her absolute white trash friends. after so many hours on the plane, a burger from jack in the box and a coke was heaven.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Mcdonalds here is pure trash. You order a cheeseburger, and the cheese is actually cold.

Lukewarm burgers aren't my cup of tea. I eat at this place maybe once, twice a year. In N Out is the best place to get a fast food burger in this era.

Only reason people don't get sick on this food on a mass scale is all the preservatives and filler in the food. If there was anything natural about it, people would be puking up these cold, bland burgers before even leaving the drive thru.

tylerdurden wrote:

.. thanks guys
now i feel like a jerk off because i run a mcdonald's...
save your money and go to mom and pop hole in the wall sandwich shops...
i found this place the other day.. "domenic's deli"... holy mother of fuck that shit was incredible... all their sandwiches come in "bambino" or "mangia".... i had this thing called "the gino".... hot and sweet capicola, genoa, mortadella on a fresh baked homemade roll with herbs, spices, oil, vinegar and soaked red bell peppers and onions... all fresh sliced meat... fuck chain restaurants... every week find a new spot...but avoid the corporate franchise bullshit.. it's everything that's wrong with america... support local small businesses in the process..you can't go wrong.. unless the food sucks .. then you move on to the next one.. you will be amazed how much fantastic local shit you'll find

I agree, although I am a loyal Arby's customer. Only fast food joint that retained its good taste from decades ago. Seriously.

The Red Steer is my absolute favorite place to get sandwiches. Its a local place run by some family. They have two locations, although one burnt down recently. You literally will not find a better BBQ Beef sandwich in the valley.

Subway isn't even a wart on Red Steer's ass.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

the problem is most of these places ( especially my employer) feel they need to "change things up"....
the reason mcdonald's was so successful was the simplicity of the operation..
cheeseburgers, hamburger, one size fry, soda and shakes....
everyone had that shit DOWN...people had limited options, and it was a finely tuned machine.
over the years certain things changed in the interest of "progress"..
the menu expanded... the "have it YOUR way" shit exploded... shit became very very very complicated...it fucked the whole process up... all of a sudden, we ain't no finely tuned machine no mo'....
about 3 or 4 years ago... mickey d's sales started to drop and things looked bad on the horizon and there was a CEO that took over and said "cut the shit"... he was a genius... he about cut the menu in half in order to simplify shit and limit options in order to streamline the operation... get us "back to our roots" so to speak.. things started going waaaaaay better.. then, sadly... he died suddenly a few months later...since then.. steady expansion of the menu...
they do a great job of simplifying new products so as not to interrupt the flow of things.. but there's just too much shit...
they're so fucking bent on putting the competition outta business, the restaurant operations are suffering... ice coffee, mccafe, angus third pounders.. 3 different premium chicken sammys with either grilled or crispy chicken... it's insane... they expect drive thru customers to be gone in a minute and a half, yet it takes 2 minutes to make an iced mocha... nevermind if there are 3 of them for 1 car with mcflurries and 6 sandwiches, 2 happy meals and fries without salt....

i digress... james, if the cheese was cold.. it wasn't properly tempered... that's a training issue that they need to correct... call em and tell em... we always welcome (polite) complaints.. if we aren't aware of a problem, we can't fix it... and if that don't work, you can always come down to MY store, and i'll take care of ya...on the house
that's why arby's is still awesome.. they probably haven't changed a god damn thing since 1972...

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The prices at McD's have gotten WAY out of control About the only thing I ever order there is either their regular Hamburgers or a Grilled Honey Mustard Snack Wrap.

The rest is either extremely fattening or too high, or both.

A premium chicken sandwich at McD's is OVER $5 bucks.

Yet most sit down restaurants have far better quality, with full entree of good, for only $2 dollars more.

not to turn myself into the "McDonald's Apologist" or anything, but the price of the materials has gone WAAAAY up.. it cost me an extra 15 grand in 2008 than it did for the exact same amount of "groceries" in 2007...
we're a "penny profit" business.. after all the bills are paid, we make less than 10 cents per burger.. the reason we even turn a profit is volume... the more customers we serve.. the more money we make... that's why we HAVE to be fast.... ain't no money in selling one

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its ok tyler, i love bigmacs and mc chickens...and there aint nuthin that my kids like better than a mcnugget happy meal at "Old McDonalds" but only if they get the toy too 16

the jr chicken sandwichs are pretty good and cheap too 22

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Mcdonalds here is pure trash. You order a cheeseburger, and the cheese is actually cold.

Lukewarm burgers aren't my cup of tea. I eat at this place maybe once, twice a year. In N Out is the best place to get a fast food burger in this era.

Only reason people don't get sick on this food on a mass scale is all the preservatives and filler in the food. If there was anything natural about it, people would be puking up these cold, bland burgers before even leaving the drive thru.

I've been told In N' Out is VERY good. Like a restaurant burger with fast food presentation.

Problem is, there are no In N' Out's where I live.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

about 3 or 4 years ago... mickey d's sales started to drop and things looked bad on the horizon and there was a CEO that took over and said "cut the shit"... he was a genius... he about cut the menu in half in order to simplify shit and limit options in order to streamline the operation... get us "back to our roots" so to speak.. things started going waaaaaay better.. then, sadly... he died suddenly a few months later...since then.. steady expansion of the menu...

Sounds like they were trying to replicate In N Out, which is never gonna happen. They would have to raise the standards of their food quality before even considering such a move.

In N Out:

Hamburger

Cheeseburger

Double hamburger/cheeseburger

Fries

Coke

Shake

Nothing else. This place has lines around the block while the Mcdonalds two blocks from it struggles. One of these days the Mcdonalds drive thru will consist of cars waiting in line to get to In N Out.

they're so fucking bent on putting the competition outta business

Never gonna happen. If it was ever gonna happen it would have been in the 80s when everyone was literally in love with their food. I remember them struggling in the 90s when that taste test came out and they ranked third behind Burger King and Wendy's. You're serving dog shit sandwiches if you rank lower than Wendy's.

they expect drive thru customers to be gone in a minute and a half, yet it takes 2 minutes to make an iced mocha

Perfect example of one of the many things wrong with the fast food industry. I remember back in the late 90s, they had this routine of you ordering your food, and before you drove up to the second window the bitch was holding your bag outside the window waiting for you to grab it. Then they wonder why people like me say the food has tasted like shit for going on 20 years. If I order a Big Mac, Filet O Fish, large fries, and a coke, you have it hanging out the window before I finish saying I want a coke, its a franchise with problems and they don't care about food quality. We're just a cog in their assembly line.

This is why I rarely eat there, yet loved this place as a kid/teen.

i digress... james, if the cheese was cold.. it wasn't properly tempered... that's a training issue that they need to correct..

Its more than just a regional store issue though. This goes on everywhere around here, and at more franchises than just Mcdonalds. Its why I have been bitching about the quality of these places for years. I have no issue with charging me 3 bucks for a burger. Just make it edible, and HOT, like a burger supposedly just cooked should be.

that's why arby's is still awesome.. they probably haven't changed a god damn thing since 1972...

I pay 4 bucks for a French Dip sandwich at Arbys, and 3 bucks for an order of Mozzarella sticks.  This stuff is fresh, tastes great, and the swiss cheese on that Dip is actually melted, yet all they do is push it through a toaster oven for a few seconds to melt that cheese and toast the bread. Mcdonalds cant even fry/nuke a burger and achieve that same result.

I can drive home from Arbys(about 8 or 9 miles from my house), and the food is still warm when I get home. Your food at Mcdonalds is cold before leaving the drive thru.

Mcdonalds needs to start adding tons of MSG in their food again, selling the food in those styrofoam containers, and frying those fries in tallow. This shit isn't healthy under any circumstance, so just make it taste good again.

I've been told In N' Out is VERY good. Like a restaurant burger with fast food presentation.

Yeah thats a perfect description of the franchise. Hell, they actually peel the potatoes on site each day, and the meat is shipped in fresh daily.

If you ever travel to the west coast or another region that has them, definitely hit an In N Out first thing.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

norway mcdonalds and USA mcdonalds are two different worlds. our local mcdonalds have always been the absolute top of the country in cleanlyness, food wise and anything else. i was shocked at the difference when i for example went to london to eat, or in oslo for that matter.

when i was in the states back in 2001, i felt like trying mcdonalds to see the difference in quality and products, but the people i was with just refused to go. i was a bit annoyed as it would have been interested in seeing.

Is that because the international Mcdonalds aren't restricted by the menu?  I've seen photos of croquettes being offered in an Amsterdam mcdonalds.  I'm sure there are other local delicacies offered.  In the US version, you know what the menu will be--Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with Cheese etc.  I think there is a definite higher standard of quality overseas as opposed to the US.  I'm also not surprised about the cleaniness of the Mcdonalds overseas either.  Fast food places in the US always have this strange unpleasant smell to me.

Board footer