You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: i'm back

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's interesting...normally i'd take it at face value as there's so many bullshitters out there just going for the attention or whatever, but that retraction is so complete, so repedative and so definative, that it really does read to me like spin...i'm not saying he has anything...but it really sounds like someone told him to shut up at least.

i can confirm with 100% certainty that this guy was absolutely full of shit. i told him if he didn't confess i would post his emails & fake clips.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Fuck me, not another martyr roll

Who'd have thought one band could attract so many selfless heroes...

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Who knows, I pm'd this guy many times and I never once got the impression he was BS'ing from his responses. Good liar, or has this guy been threatened with skwerl-type consequences?

Dude, did you really believe that "hoarder hackers were getting into his computer and pissing him off, so he was gonna leak them all on Friday?"

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Who knows, I pm'd this guy many times and I never once got the impression he was BS'ing from his responses. Good liar, or has this guy been threatened with skwerl-type consequences?

Dude, did you really believe that "hoarder hackers were getting into his computer and pissing him off, so he was gonna leak them all on Friday?"

No, I was hopin the guy was goin to stick to his word that if he got no further songs, he would leak what he had on july 31st.

allday
 Rep: 0 

allday wrote:

on MSL's board there is a guy named J.P. Gilbert  that is saying he has checkmate and atlas shrugged and would be willing to trade.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Until we get the leaks I don't believe any of these people claiming to have them, have them.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

i can confirm with 100% certainty that this guy was absolutely full of shit. i told him if he didn't confess i would post his emails & fake clips.

Post the fake clips anyway will ya? I remember trying to get material years ago in 04 when I was new and full of zest for life. Some joker gave me a clip called Train Jam !!!! Prick.. I wana see if its ever been used since.

What ever happened to that song named after the X-Men character.. Night-crawler I think it was called. Sounded like it was recorded on a phone at a session.. Suspect as fuck though

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

Post the fake clips anyway will ya? I remember trying to get material years ago in 04 when I was new and full of zest for life. Some joker gave me a clip called Train Jam !!!! Prick.. I wana see if its ever been used since.

What ever happened to that song named after the X-Men character.. Night-crawler I think it was called. Sounded like it was recorded on a phone at a session.. Suspect as fuck though

Night-crawler was actually legit. It's an old demo track from the old guns days.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I still think there's more to this, and I really think it's not just wishful thinking on my behalf.

Something somewhere IMO has stopped further leaks happening and I truly believe we were at the closest point of getting brand new demos in the last few days.

Why you ask? I pm'd this ARC guy many times and he replied with responses which just felt truthful to me. He referred, for instance, to there being two groups of hoarders.

One group, supposedly has all of the 99 album sessions, plus unheard demos left off the final album, along with all of the rockband moggs and possibly 45 minutes of the VMAS rehearsals.

The other group has considerably less, consisting in the main of 3 unheard tracks together with a few of the 99 sessions. Our man ARC belongs to this latter group, and was allegeldy sent the tracks on a CD-R in the mail from a pal.

Most importantly the group with most material does not have these 3 tracks, and are, as ARC stated, keen to complete the puzzle. He pointed out to me that a trade has been attempted on a few occasions but so far failed. Hence there is a bit of a stalemate between the two.

So IMO there are 3 possibilities here:

1) This is all complete BS on ARC's behalf in an attempt to procure new tracks
2) ARC was contacted by gnr management/legal and been persuaded not to release what he has
3) Perhaps our man got what he wanted. Sounds far fetched but maybe he got lucky, arranged a trade and is now shutting up shop.

Who knows. maybe it is all BS.

At least it has provoked a bit of interest and thought amongst the better gnr forums!

Board footer