You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: A little experience on GNR

gnfnraxl wrote:

There is a festival this week in my town.  Anyways there was a stand selling t-shirts of bands.  One of the bands they had t shirts of was GNR.  Now what is funny is that the front of the t-shirt was Axl and Slash and the back was an old band picture.  Ain't it funny that even today, Axl needs Slash and the former members to promote his band?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No it's not funny. It's realistic, and smart business.

Axl also got his ass in a crack back in 2006 selling t-shirts and jackets (I own both), with that old school GN'R logo from the Strip days, mixed with the new era G&R logo.

Apparently Slash actually created that logo himself for the band, and Axl was continuing to use it to sell merch, without cutting Slash in on the profits. Naturally those pieces were yanked, and replaced with that GNR star logo from 2006.

I don't think Axl needs Slash entirely. You go out, and sell a shirt, that has old era Axl on it, and say "Guns N' Roses". It'll sell.

But ANYTHING involving the new band people look right past.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

There is a festival this week in my town.  Anyways there was a stand selling t-shirts of bands.  One of the bands they had t shirts of was GNR.  Now what is funny is that the front of the t-shirt was Axl and Slash and the back was an old band picture.  Ain't it funny that even today, Axl needs Slash and the former members to promote his band?

Those are more than likely bootleg shirts, and Axl cant be held responsible for what gets sold on the bootleg market. Everyone and their grandma knows that old GNR is what sells, so you're not gonna see Chinese Democracy merch being peddled by those people.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

lmao. Yeah man James is right, it's a bootleg.

Board footer