You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Re: Ok, I'm a little confused guys...

Robman wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

Since the thread was either removed or moved to another hiden management board, what was the deal with gnrevolution . net....?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Since the thread was either removed or moved to another hiden management board, what was the deal with gnrevolution . net....?

Some clowns thought it would be funny to create a forum that was almost an exact copy of this one, with usernames similar to some of our staff.  It got out of hand when the admin sent a mass-email out to the old ROV email list.  The problem was that all the old ROV members' email addresses were exposed to each recipient.  Anyway, the site no longer exists.  Looks like the problem went away on its own.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It was basically some sort of joke site that got a bit out of hand. I removed the threads as there really wasn't a point to publicize the situation.

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
elmir wrote:

cool idea at the time, pitty it never took off, i think he may be relaunching that....

yup thats what it looks like.  a pretty good idea actually, Brody is cool in my book I'm not mad at him for what happened..  i'm sure he's got other things on his plate n having a site like that will be better for him maintence wise.

retracted

he was cool in my book until he released the email list for the old board to everyone.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

brody still is of the opininon that we tried to steal the RoV name....he just doesnt get it that RoV wasnt a name it was a mind set on what a gnr community should be like, and he again tried to exploit the membership by releasing information that some people would rather remain hidden.... all for a cheap shot at us.

as for gunners tube...i would imagine that it would be pretty high maintenance, but whatever....good luck to him I wont be visiting it

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

is that what that whole Email was about?
I never got it....

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Serves him right that he lost almost all of his membership and is stuck with the GN'R Tube thing.

Well, Brody lost his last ace in the hole when he only managed to recover the initial 800mb or so of the forum database (which would date the latest posts in around April), so people didn't even have a chance to  pick up from where they'd left. To me, reuploading RoV always felt more like a part of his personal vendetta for whatever reason than an earnest effort to stabilize the situation back to normal. His forum was "stolen", so he had to pull his own thing back together again so he could whine away on how people were mean to him. I think that's the main reason RoV was resurrected in a truncated form, and it seemingly had a rather short half-life afterwards. Pax Vobiscum.

I doubt we'll be hearing from Brody in the "RoV theft" issue again publically, because there's no new RoV forum to begin with anymore. He'll more likely keep fiddling away with his Tube thing until he loses interest again and starts flooding us with dodgy e-mails.

Nice life.

AtariLegend wrote:

On that matter, not me of course. But when Brody said that he wanted to recuit new staff, some people "not nessarily posters here" stayed behind, because they thought they would be part of ROV re-building process, but presumably since that went on and nothing ever happend and no ever posted, then no one else ever posted.

Brody probably could have rebuilt ROV to some extent, if he had done more than uploaded.

Board footer