You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Spice Girls comeback falls on its Headlines

James wrote:

I've never even heard of Leona Lewis. If she performed at Radio One, post it in the downloads section. M.I.A. performed at Radio One earlier this year, and it was incredible.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

She won the UK X factor last year, for once though the show did what it was meant to and unearther a real gem imo.

I'll put her performance in the downloads, I recommend you check it out 22

James

James wrote:

Tour kicked off without a hitch in Vancouver last night with more than 16,000 in attendance. Will be interesting to see how this tour does when it hits the states in the coming weeks.

Setlist:

Act 1 - The Power Of 5
Spice Up Your Life
Stop
Say You'll Be There
Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)

Act 2 - Seduce Me
Lady Is A Vamp
Too Much
2 Become 1

Act 3
Who Do You Think You Are (ft Victoria)
Are You Gonna Go My Way (ft Mel B)
Maybe (ft Emma)
Viva Forever
Holler
It's Raining Men (ft Geri)
I Turn To You (ft Melanie C)

Act 4
Let Love Lead The Way
Mama
Celebration Medley
Goodbye

Encore
If You Can't Dance
Wannabe
Spice Up Your Life (Reprise)

Interesting setlist, and they were smart to sprinkle their major hits throughout the entire show.

James

James wrote:

Well, looks like my scenario described earlier has become reality.......

Promoters boasted of a sell-out tour, but it appears a number ticket holders had second thoughts about seeing the Spice Girls perform in concert last night.

Almost half of the seats in the Mandalay Arena auditorium were empty as the group took to the stage for their second show in Las Vegas.

Although WAG Coleen McLoughlin eagerly snapped up her spot and defeated boxer Ricky Hatton joined David Beckham in a private box, they didn't make up for the high number of vacant seats.

Still, Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and Melanie Chisholm played on with their now familiar routine.

It's not the first disappointment the Spice Girls have encountered since their reunion.

Their charity comeback single Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) is the worst selling Children in Need song ever after it scraped into the UK midweek charts at No.10.

They were overshadowed by X Factor winners Leona Lewis & Shayne Ward, as well as pop princess Kylie Mingogue.

The Spice Girls play their last show in Las Vegas on Tuesday night before heading to New York.

spicegirls4bm468x321aq3.jpg

----------------------------------------

That isn't fans refusing to go after buying tickets. All those empty seats represent scalpers holding tickets no one is interested in. This comeback has very little interest. Now everyone knows. No way in hell will there be a second leg of the tour in the US.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:

Yeah, something really has to be done about this. Sure, the artists are getting their money anyways, but empty arenas kill any momentum an artist/band will possibly get. Its "sold out", yet all reviews of this tour will point to the fact that no one is there, thus killing the chance of them extending their tour and also causing even more fan disinterest.

Its a fucked up cycle that needs a solution ASAP.

The only artists/bands this shit doesn't effect are the "big dogs" like U2, the Stones, and now Zeppelin.

Everyone else will feel a sting from this shit.

M.I.A. wasn't affected, but thats because she played small clubs so had no problem getting asses in seats even though scalpers made a killing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer