You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: How far for GNR?

Olorin wrote:

I would walk to fucking London if it was the only way I could see them play in the UK.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

You are all of full of shit.

You post regularly on a GnR board, I have a lot of trouble believing that people wouldn't pay more than $25 to see a new lineup of GnR playing songs they've never played before.

As for me, I'd probably travel 500-600 miles, and pay $200.

i've never been the type to travel extremely far to see a show...furthest i've prolly ever gone for a show is 3 hours max, but that was part of a weekend getaway

i dont doubt peopel would spend more than me or travel further...but for me $50 and an hour or so drive

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

You post regularly on a GnR board, I have a lot of trouble believing that people wouldn't pay more than $25 to see a new lineup of GnR playing songs they've never played before.

Most of us became fans of a band that there is only one member of left...

A lot of other people became fans of a band that there are only around 4 members of left...

600 miles and $200 seems assinine to me unless I was guarunteed something really really special was going to happen.  Like if Axl brings out Slash, Izzy, Buckethead, Jimi Hendrix, and John Lennon to jam, and I get to sit in on drums. 

Seriously though.  I traveled from Western Il to Indianapolis in 92 to see GNR, Metallica, and Faith No More.  Shannon Hoon also came out and sang Don't Cry with GNR. 

That ticket cost me $35 for lower bowl seats.  I would consider going around that far and paying more for no less than something that cool.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

Who the fuck are you? You don't even know me to say that. In fact, I've never seen you here.

I have my reasons for not paying more than that, but I sure as shit ain't letting you in on it.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
bigbri wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

Who the fuck are you? You don't even know me to say that. In fact, I've never seen you here.

I have my reasons for not paying more than that, but I sure as shit ain't letting you in on it.

Show me on the doll where Axl touched you.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:
bigbri wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

You know what, you are a tool.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
bigbri wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You know what, you are a tool.

I might as well apologize now.

Sorry, dude.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

600 miles and $200 seems assinine to me unless I was guarunteed something really really special was going to happen.  Like if Axl brings out Slash, Izzy, Buckethead, Jimi Hendrix, and John Lennon to jam, and I get to sit in on drums. 

Seriously though.  I traveled from Western Il to Indianapolis in 92 to see GNR, Metallica, and Faith No More.  Shannon Hoon also came out and sang Don't Cry with GNR. 

That ticket cost me $35 for lower bowl seats.  I would consider going around that far and paying more for no less than something that cool.

Well, I guess I'm a bit different, because I've never seen GnR live. So I guess that kind've informs my opinion.

35 Bucks barely gets you three beers at that show now.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Well, I guess I'm a bit different, because I've never seen GnR live. So I guess that kind've informs my opinion.

35 Bucks barely gets you three beers at that show now.

True, and I realize inflation has happened (doesn't mean I don't think it's ridiculous) and that if you're going to a venue the size that GNR is going to be playing you can rarely expect to spend under $50...

Unless that venue doesn't sell worth a damn and they start offering 2 for 1 or better tickets.  I've been to a few shows that way. 

That's exactly what will happen if they tour and expect people to pay some of the prices being thrown around in this thread. 

That is what I was going for by pointing out the $35.  If Axl came to my local venue, I'd be willing to cough up 50 bones for something like CKY, Mixmaster Mike, and Nu-GNr (which is what I did in '02).  No way I would have went as far as Indi for something like that though.

And I'm still pissed about having to sit through Mixmaster Mike.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Anybody that wants to know how damaged the fanbase is...

There's some longtime fans, that have spanned generations of boards on here, telling you they are done with the band, and have no interest in seeing 'fake' GN'R live again, and if they did, it'd have to be cheap, across the street, and for Axl only.

That's everything that i've been trying to convey a point about for the last several months.

The interest is gone. At least in North America.

Axl is mostly to blame for the abortion of a rollout over the past decade, but life happens too in that time frame. People grow up, gain interest in other things, get boyfriends/girlfriends, spouses, kids, school, jobs, etc.

People will only hang on the line for so long, before they just hang up the phone.

Board footer