You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

Axlin16 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

As for RS giving this 2-1/2 stars...

Where is the rolling stone review, is it online?

I have no idea. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned BGWTB getting 2-1/2 stars, while Backspacer got like 4.

I don't think it's even been reviewed yet.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

As for RS giving this 2-1/2 stars...

Where is the rolling stone review, is it online?

I have no idea. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned BGWTB getting 2-1/2 stars, while Backspacer got like 4.

I don't think it's even been reviewed yet.

yeah, that was me....
it's in the new issue.. with megan fox on the cover...... i read it at the grocery store monday or tuesday...
spin pulled the same shit... they gave it 5/10....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

WTF?

What album did those douches hear Ty?

5/10
2.5/4

And suddenly Megan Fox gets on RS's front cover? For what? WTF did she fuckin' do other than be born?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Rolling Stone has beena joke for years. Alice in Chains prob didn't slip the magazine some incentive for a good review. After listening it and taking it all in I think it's a really good record. In the running for one of the best albums of the year in my opinion.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I agree, it doesn't top their past efforts, but it's certainly worthy of more than that. I'd give it a solid 8/10

Who cares what Rolling Stone has to say?

I personally haven't heard the record but I'm on the stance that if you like something it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

David Fricke is awesome but other than that... I'm not interested.

Positive or negative.

While I certainly do not have anything against it it's just not my kind of magazine to read.

I'll gladly take a look at their website from time to time, though.

On topic:

I will have to check this out. From what I've been reading it does indeed sound promising.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Been listening to this album pretty much non stop the last week - a stellar album no doubt although im doubtful an audience will be found

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Maybe there's hope. Modern rock radio has given TONS of spins to Check My Brain & A Looking In View since their single releases. I could see Your Decision & Black Gives Way To Blue being released as ballads.

Much more attention, than CD & Better ever got.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Maybe there's hope. Modern rock radio has given TONS of spins to Check My Brain & A Looking In View since their single releases. I could see Your Decision & Black Gives Way To Blue being released as ballads.

Much more attention, than CD & Better ever got.

WAAF in boston has ALWAYS supported AIC... and they are clearly thrilled about their return... maybe other stations will follow suit....
private hell belongs on the radio

Board footer