You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

WTF?

What album did those douches hear Ty?

5/10
2.5/4

And suddenly Megan Fox gets on RS's front cover? For what? WTF did she fuckin' do other than be born?

if they had any integrity, AIC would have been on the cover... not the whore

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Maybe there's hope. Modern rock radio has given TONS of spins to Check My Brain & A Looking In View since their single releases. I could see Your Decision & Black Gives Way To Blue being released as ballads.

Much more attention, than CD & Better ever got.

WAAF in boston has ALWAYS supported AIC... and they are clearly thrilled about their return... maybe other stations will follow suit....
private hell belongs on the radio

I figured Private Hell would be saved for if the album was a real hit.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I hear Check my Brain on the radio all the time. I believe tonight James and Lars of Metallica will be interviewing AIC on DHA 105.5 here in New Jersey. 101.9 is also having a Album Preview hour where they are playing the whole disc. So rock radio is doing their part from what I have been hearing.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

The radio special "Alice In Chains: Black Gives Way to Blue" where James and Lars from Metallica interview the band features seven tracks from the album...

Segment 1: "A Looking In View" & "All Secrets Known"
Segment 2: "Check My Brain" & "Your Decision"
Segment 3: "Last of My Kind" & "Acid Bubble"*
Segment 4: "Black Gives Way to Blue"

*James talks about how he loved the riff that came from nowhere on "Acid Bubble" and jokes about how he played the song over and over for about 20 minutes so he can learn that one riff hahaha, crazy. Overall, it's a really in-depth interview, I got the radio special on CD last Friday and the show is roughly 1hr/14mins in length. You can listen to the stream at the link below...

http://fmqb.com/article.asp?id=1516058

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

They didn't play Private Hell, which is the best track on the album, lol.

This bad boy drops tomorrow.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I just listened to this tonight. Not bad. Like vintage Chains, if you ask me.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/ali … ay_to_blue

So that's what AIC deserves - one paragraph, and the mentioning of only 2 songs by name. How professional.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Communist China wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/ali … ay_to_blue

So that's what AIC deserves - one paragraph, and the mentioning of only 2 songs by name. How professional.

It's a sad commentary on what that rag has become

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That fuckin' guy didn't even listen to the album.

AIC gets thrown to the side, and blown off basically, and yet Pearl Jam, who have blown entire ship loads of chimp for years, are given 4.

Megan "I've done one movie and it's sequel for an established franchise brand name, and did I mention I was pretty" Fox gets on the front cover, and AIC's comeback is Page 6 news.

Maybe monkeychow & faldor were right. New Guns are the best rock band left, even though their lineup changes each week.

If Jonas Brothers & Kings of Leon (suck, sorry to break the news) are the major rock acts of this generation, than the Ron Thal-led GN'R and William DuVall-led AIC must be 1969 Stones and 1973 Zeppelin.

Again, from the bottom of my heart... how I loathe this generation. Modern rock radio doesn't exist without Alice In Fuckin' Chains.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

kings of leon absolutely suck balls. its a totally inarguable point.

Board footer