You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

Gong wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Today, Azoff said the band ... intends to respond accordingly.” He added the band and production team’s legal reps will be responding soon

Soon?

I wouldn't hold my breath for this.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Funny that this warrants a response, but there's not a fucking word about a tour that's 3 months away.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

Hey e.c.m., give them a break.

They commented on this and confirmed that they are still gnr's management team.

That's a 2 for 1 update!!!!!

Maybe they will comment on the tour when they "respond soon" to this.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

No, what it said is, the bands and production teams legal reps will be responding, it will be a legal procedure. Not that the band will be making a responce, if thats how you read it, as if the band will be making some kind of announcement.

war

war wrote:

who are you correcting or attempting to?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Today, Azoff said the band ... intends to respond accordingly.” He added the band and production team’s legal reps will be responding soon

Soon?

I wouldn't hold my breath for this.

This, but mabye I misread it. But Axls lawyers are not exactly slow off the mark, I thought the soon gag was aimed at a band responce. My bad 11

war

war wrote:

no problem -

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

This gem from the comments section of the RS article:

Nice to know GnR vigorously does something, even if it has nothing to do with music.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

As already stated, its borderline aburdity/comedy that they don't feel the need to address the tour. Fuck, it could have been tacked on to the end of Azoff's statement on this issue.

Says much more about the tour than any Asian ticket agency could ever say. Don't bother throwing rehearsals in my face because this is their 2nd time doing that this year.

Maybe 3rd time's the charm.....

It looks to me like this tour is a trial balloon. If it sells out, they might show up. If it doesn't, welcome to 2001....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The real sad bit about this is that it's so insignificant to the song.

Like now i have to read headlines like "GNR STEALS SONG" and that's kind of overstating how the sample is being used here.

If that even shits me off as a long term fan of the band, imagine how it must feel to Axl and co who will feel a slight to their professional reputation as artists and creators.

Now I know detractors will say in once sence Axl has a bad rep already from all the riots and so on, but at least one thing GNR's always been is creative and original. Now in addition to all the other bullshit we'll have to hear about stealing music...

It's just frustrating to me, as while I thought the intros chris has done to a few of the songs are cool and atmospheric, and nice bridges between the music, it's not really the actual song so much that's copied.

You know...not like Axl's ripped off a hook or chorus or melody...it's just a little intro computer bit....pretty insignificant in the scheme of things..like if it wasn't that it could have been any introduction.

Don't get me wrong, legally they should have cleared the sample. But as a fan it's just so frustrating as it's such an irrelevant sample, and I can only imagine how it must piss off the band.

Board footer