You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: More new Buckethead coming

bigbri wrote:

Yes. There have been some clunkers. Actually, I tend to stay away from his solo stuff nowadays until I hear really good things about them, like Diamond in the Rough. I automatically order his collabs like Dragons of Eden, Thanatopsis, anything with Travis Dickerson.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'll pass. I don't like his mindless wanking shit.

You mean like random sound samles or shredding? If it's random shredding I could be interested in this one!! lol.

I guess i'm just not into his style as much as I could be. I really enjoyed stuff like Soothsayer and Nottingham lace...amazing songs...but for every song I hear like that theres an hour of stuff with random samples, strange noises and nothing much happens.

To be honest I find it frustrating. To a fan i'm probably speaking shit. But like to me - if only he'd be slightly more traditional with his structures and stuff - he'd be like the most amazing musican I know. There's absolute pure gold on some of his records, but then there's a bunch of bizzare noise around it. He looses me with the random stuff in between the passages of pure genius.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

too much filler ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I don't really mind all of Bucket's releases. I always feel like Bucket is just expressing himself in someway. Although there is filler, I think it serves to highlight his better albums/songs and builds his... style. I don't know, I just always feel like I'm in an adventure listening to Buckethead.. and sometimes the bad songs are just the scary parts of those adventures tongue

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

Well said Jack.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Went ahead and downloaded this for shits and giggles. Not impressed. Not even worth a second listen to be honest. This goes straight to my recycle bin....

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

What was this? Forensic Follies? Or Needle in a Slunk Stack? Either way. I could have saved you the time.

Both are crap if you ask me. Not a redeeming song among them.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Needle in a Slunk Stack. This might be his worst release yet.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Needle in a Slunk Stack. This might be his worst release yet.

I could have saved you the time aswell.

Have you heard 'a real diamond in the rough'?  Now THAT is worth a listen.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

It's weird, he can put out something like Diamond, which is among his best ever, and Needle and FF, which are among his worst. It's like he's trying to please the two sides of his fan base: those who like his melodic, playing and those who like the experimental stuff.

That's why I wait for reviews and listen on YouTube before buying nowadays.

Board footer