You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: From sebastianbach.com

Axl S wrote:

No it's an actual song. Has a video

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'll give this a listen later on.  I have to be fair and actually listen before I trash this.  *lol*  I promise that if it is good I won't trash it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^^

Rock fucking bottom. Not only did he do it... but Bret Michaels already did it, and failed, and Baz followed him. The same man who he openly slagged with Axl in 2006, gave him a job OPENING for Poison, and Baz still copy-catted his idea.

I say that to make a point. The dude couldn't have an original thought to save his life. Even the majority of the Skid Row catalog was written by Rachel Bolan & Snake Sabo. He tours performing THEIR songs. At least Axl wrote the fucking lyrics and melodies to alot of GNR's songs.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

May I be a thorn in everybody's side and mention that BonJovi put out a country album as well? I have a wide highway of musical tastes and I actually like Willie Nelson (gasp!) But it's not the genre I listen to the most, although I can claim classical, and some blues in my collection. I don't let popular opinion dictate my listening tastes, nor do I rely on some chart.
I don't see the need for the big hatefest on Bas, the dude stays busy, and when GNR calls he changes plans and answers that call..no second thoughts needed. They could have done far worse than picking Bas for an opener. As for the negative things that were previously said, Izzy said some negative things as well in the past,
But, it didn't prevent him from taking the stage with GNR in 06'.
Sometimes friendship is more important than hastily issued statements, Some character flaws can be overlooked- and these two guys haven't got a history of litigation against Axl, unlike slash,steven and duff. And to change the topic slash will be covering Paradise City with Fergie on his upcoming album.....:(
make anybody else nauseous? This to me is proof positive he is lacking in the integrity department,and has sunk to new levels of sellout! I don't believe a word he says, after the denial of the 530am visit, slagging on VR, and damn that guy can't keep a band together!!  big_smile
Okay rumbling ramble over for now wink

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

What did Baz say about Axl thats bad?

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

^^^

Rock fucking bottom. Not only did he do it... but Bret Michaels already did it, and failed, and Baz followed him. The same man who he openly slagged with Axl in 2006, gave him a job OPENING for Poison, and Baz still copy-catted his idea.

I say that to make a point. The dude couldn't have an original thought to save his life. Even the majority of the Skid Row catalog was written by Rachel Bolan & Snake Sabo. He tours performing THEIR songs. At least Axl wrote the fucking lyrics and melodies to alot of GNR's songs.

I agree with you.  And I listened to about 30 seconds of that atrocity and I gave up.  I'll give Baz his props.  He has a good voice but not for country music.  It is awful.  And yeah Axlin he came off pretty pathetic when he opened for Poison.  And to think he actually walked out on an interview cause the guy compared Skid Row to Poison.  Baz sucks and sucks big time.  Not only he couldn't come up with an original thought to save his life but he couldn't come up with a half decent song.  And I still stand by what I said before.  Most people that defend him here will and would turn on him like rabid dogs if he had a fall out with Axl.  And Baz stop pretending to be a country boy.  Stick to pretending to be a metal singer.  You may not be good at it but it's better than the country shit.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
TSI wrote:

May I be a thorn in everybody's side and mention that BonJovi put out a country album as well? I have a wide highway of musical tastes and I actually like Willie Nelson (gasp!) But it's not the genre I listen to the most, although I can claim classical, and some blues in my collection. I don't let popular opinion dictate my listening tastes, nor do I rely on some chart.
I don't see the need for the big hatefest on Bas, the dude stays busy, and when GNR calls he changes plans and answers that call..no second thoughts needed. They could have done far worse than picking Bas for an opener. As for the negative things that were previously said, Izzy said some negative things as well in the past,
Sometimes friendship is more important than hastily issued statements, Some character flaws can be overlooked- and these two guys haven't got a history of litigation against Axl, unlike slash,steven and duff. And to change the topic slash will be covering Paradise City with Fergie on his upcoming album.....:(
make anybody else nauseous? This to me is proof positive he is lacking in the integrity department,and has sunk to new levels of sellout! I don't believe a word he says, after the denial of the 530am visit, slagging on VR, and damn that guy can't keep a band together!!  big_smile

Slash has sunk low indeed.  And as for him being a liar.  He lies in his biography about the situation where Axl allegedly made them sign away the GNR name.  At one point he says it was before a show and a few chapters later he says it happened in a restaurant or something.  And they're not two separated events.  I hate to say this but Slash should keep his mouth shut.  And yeah I do believe the 5:30 am incident too.  As for Baz.  See my previous posts.  *lol*

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Olorin wrote:

What did Baz say about Axl thats bad?

I can't remember off the top of my head.  Will try to find what he said though.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
TSI wrote:

May I be a thorn in everybody's side and mention that BonJovi put out a country album as well?

There's sucked too. Probably sold, but sucked nonetheless.

TSI wrote:

I have a wide highway of musical tastes and I actually like Willie Nelson (gasp!) But it's not the genre I listen to the most, although I can claim classical, and some blues in my collection.

Willie is a legend. Not only is that not anything to be ashamed of, it's a low-risk artist to like. Now if you pulled out "Joe Strawhat" from Broken Whistle, Arkansas... that might be getting a bit diverse.

TSI wrote:

I don't let popular opinion dictate my listening tastes, nor do I rely on some chart.
Sometimes friendship is more important than hastily issued statements, Some character flaws can be overlooked- and these two guys haven't got a history of litigation against Axl, unlike slash,steven and duff. And to change the topic slash will be covering Paradise City with Fergie on his upcoming album.....
make anybody else nauseous? This to me is proof positive he is lacking in the integrity department,and has sunk to new levels of sellout! I don't believe a word he says, after the denial of the 530am visit, slagging on VR, and damn that guy can't keep a band together!! 
Okay rumbling ramble over for now

I completely agree that Slash is a complete sellout money whore. And any of you out there SPARE ME the "Axl did the same thing" bullshit. A rock legend like Slash, performing with talentless suicide-inducing hacks like fucking Fergie, is no equivalent to Axl making a business decision to license his share in the back catalog. It's not the same, and all of the bullshit winding around to make it so, won't make it true.

If there's one thing Axl's done, and held on to, that I agree with, it's that the man held some artistic integrity all these years in terms of his image, instead of running out and doing "mash ups" with Linkin Park or Snoop Dogg or whatever.

When Slash performed with Michael Jackson. I had no problem with it, and Axl shouldn't have either. MJ is/was a freakin' legend, and it's no different than peforming with Elvis. You gotta show respect. But when Slash started doing shit with Fergie, and appearing on American Idol...

I say fuck that.

gnfnraxl wrote:
TSI wrote:

Slash has sunk low indeed.  And as for him being a liar.  He lies in his biography about the situation where Axl allegedly made them sign away the GNR name.  At one point he says it was before a show and a few chapters later he says it happened in a restaurant or something.  And they're not two separated events.  I hate to say this but Slash should keep his mouth shut.  And yeah I do believe the 5:30 am incident too.  As for Baz.  See my previous posts.  *lol*

As soon as I read Slash's autobio, I believed every word that Axl had said all those years. Not only was Slash inconsistent, he came across as bitter, vindictive, and not focused in his comments. They came across as personal opinion, rather than a restatement of the facts.

Axl actually kind of hurt himself with those "cancer" comments awhile back. Ax baby, trust me on this, slowly but surely the fans are coming around on you and the past GN'R stuff the more Slash stays inconsistent, and performs with lame asses. No reason to get nasty anymore. Slash has hung himself with the fanbase. Although you've hung yourself for entirely different reasons (CD rollout).

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash hung himself with the fanbase?  I don't think so.  He's more popular than he's ever been.  Axl?  Not so much...

Board footer