You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

Rihanna has revealed the full track list for her upcoming album Rated R, out November 23rd. Will.i.am and Young Jeezy guest on the LP, along with Slash, who contributes guitar to the appropriately titled “ROCKSTAR 101.” Fans who preorder Rated R — starting midnight November 3rd, at the iTunes store — will receive an instant download of the Ne-Yo-penned first single “Russian Roulette.” The single will also go on sale tomorrow, and the singer’s RihannaNow website will debut her video for “Wait Your Turn,” the leaked track that Rolling Stone reported on this morning.

The iTunes version of Rated R will also include director Anthony Mandler’s exclusive cut of the two videos he directed, “Wait Your Turn” and “Russian Roulette.” The “Russian Roulette” video will make its official debut on November 13th on 20/20, a week after Rihanna first appears on 20/20 to tell her story for the first time since her February 8th altercation with Chris Brown. Rihanna is also scheduled to make appearances on the November 5th Good Morning America and on the November 9th episode of The Alexa Chung Show.

Judging by the track listing, and based on “Russian Roulette,” Rated R finds Rihanna taking a darker, colder and more violent approach to the subject of love with song titles like “Stupid in Love,” “Cold Case Love” and “Rude Boy.” The one song with a warm title — other than sinister-sounding “Fire Bomb” — is “Te Amo.”

Rated R:

1. “Mad House”
2. “Wait Your Turn”
3. “Hard” (featuring Young Jeezy)
4. “Stupid In Love”
5. “ROCKSTAR 101″ (featuring Slash)
6. “Russian Roulette”
7. “Fire Bomb”
8. “Rude Boy”
9. “Photographs” (featuring will.i.am)
10. “G4L”
11. “Te Amo”
12. “Cold Case Love”
13. “The Last Song”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … n-rated-r/

Thanks to FunkyMonkey from HTGTH.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

interesting....is richard her studio guy? or is he strictly live only?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There's a few good songs on her last record(Cry is killer), but she really left me with a sour taste in my mouth over that domestic abuse crap. I was ready for a full on boycott. I highly doubt I buy this album, but will definitely check it out.

I don't like Russian Roulette, although its probably going to be a huge hit.

interesting....is richard her studio guy? or is he strictly live only?

Fortus is just a nameless, faceless guitarist during her concerts. This woman is smart and has powerhouses contributing to her records. Fortus aint no powerhouse. She is basically this generation's Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston, and she isn't going away anytime soon.

Gonna laugh like a mofo if Fortus tours with her again and has to replicate Slash. Might make it into the Guinness Book of World Records as the first guy to cover one guy's material while playing with two separate touring acts.

James

James wrote:

Food for thought......

If Fortus is such a weapon on the guitar, why does everyone he plays with not see the potential? He strums a guitar that sounds like a dog whistle on Chinese Democracy, and had a hefty tour with Rihanna yet will not be a contributor.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Slash is supposedly also collaborating with one of last years X-Factor contestants Ruth Lorenzo. Wouldn't normally interest me but I actually liked the girl, she looked great and could really sing, she did a great cover of KOHD one week.

I've got no link just thought I'd mention it, Steve Tyler was also mentioned to be working with her.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

James Lofton wrote:

Food for thought......

If Fortus is such a weapon on the guitar, why does everyone he plays with not see the potential? He strums a guitar that sounds like a dog whistle on Chinese Democracy, and had a hefty tour with Rihanna yet will not be a contributor.

I like the guy, of all the guitarists the GNR lineup has had post Slash, he's the one who comes closest to replicating Slash's playing in the live environment. I think technically he seems to be pretty competent at anything that's thrown at him.

As for song writing who knows, either he's not a good writer or nobody who matters cares to listen to what he has to offer. For me the second option seems less likely than the first.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Remember this guy?

I do...

slash_wttj_burst.jpg

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Ruth Lorenzo was 1 fucking smoking woman.. She had a decent husky voice too.. She deserves a break, and was far too good to be involved in that x factor bullshit.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Slash also plays on Escala's debut.

http://www.escalamusic.com/gb/

Nice looking women he surrounds himself with.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Slash also plays on Escala's debut.

http://www.escalamusic.com/gb/

Nice looking women he surrounds himself with.

Thanks for mentioning that. Karma. It needs to be added to his discog here, as well as this Rihanna album.

Board footer