You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 483 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

Neemo wrote:

difference is that we know what GnR are like and can make plans ahead of times if we have kids...

anyway after 3 years of no touring it'll be nice to go to a GnR gig again

if you cant do it you cant do it...but if you are a fan of the band i'd recommend seeing them if you can...expecially if you missed out in previous years, cuz it really is a good show...both 02 and 06 were great i imagine 2010 will be no different smile

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

Backslash wrote:

Of course I'll go.  I haven't seen them live before, so it's new to me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

monkeychow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm surprised people from here wouldn't go. Not saying you guys arn't fans, but we're obsessive enough to post about GNR all day, to me that means I'm easily obsessive enough to go to a few shows if i had the chance!

Why would I pay for the exact same show I saw 3 years ago.  I may be a fan but I'm not dumb.  And more importantly I have a family to provide for so buying a 100$ ticket to see the same show again.  No thank you.

Well why do anything recreational twice?

I guess the reason is that it was fun last time, and while you still have the memories, it's nice to have another fix.

Most people have listened to their favourite songs more than a few times, or seen their favourite movies over and over, for some people it's operas, or maybe every new year they do some certain ritual celebration or other...us humans are a repedative bunch.

For me GNR is my favourite band, and therefore these are amongst my favourite songs being peformed live. While if i watching the band daily or something, i'd probably eventually get to your point where I want something to change to justify the money, for my taste - 3 years is more than long enough between drinks for me to be happy with the same show.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

faldor wrote:

I've seen Def Leppard 6 times in the last 4 years and they've basically played the same exact setlist the last 3 years.  Even after they came out with a new album, which I actually enjoy, they only played 2 songs off it.

And you know what?  I had a great time at every show.  Go figure.  Would I have liked to hear a couple different songs fom time to time?  Sure.  But a night out at a rock show beats a night at home any day of the week. 

This "I saw the same show 3 years ago" argument just makes no sense to me.  I could see if you didn't want to see the SAME show in a week, month, or even a year.  But 3 years?  Man you must have a great memory and imagination that you have ZERO interest in seeing your "favorite" band play some of the greatest songs in rock n' roll history.

Gong
 Rep: 59 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

Gong wrote:

Isn't it supposed to be all about having a fun night out with your friends and seeing a loud fucking rock show?

Doing some girl-watching, partying-it-up, having fun ...

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

misterID wrote:

Nothing is more lame than bitching about the same thing over and over and over....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:

I've seen Def Leppard 6 times in the last 4 years and they've basically played the same exact setlist the last 3 years.  Even after they came out with a new album, which I actually enjoy, they only played 2 songs off it.

And you know what?  I had a great time at every show.  Go figure.  Would I have liked to hear a couple different songs fom time to time?  Sure.  But a night out at a rock show beats a night at home any day of the week. 

This "I saw the same show 3 years ago" argument just makes no sense to me.  I could see if you didn't want to see the SAME show in a week, month, or even a year.  But 3 years?  Man you must have a great memory and imagination that you have ZERO interest in seeing your "favorite" band play some of the greatest songs in rock n' roll history.

Ok.  See when I saw them in 06.  I had heard so much about their repetitive setlist that seriously I was able to call what song was gonna be played next and I'm pretty sure I could still name their setlist with little to no errors.  I have nothing and I repeat NOTHING agaisnt anyone that is willing to pay between 60 and 100$ to watch a possible rerun from 06.  We'll see when they play in Asia if it is indeed a rerun.  This thread asked if we were ready to do so and I said probably not.  I am allowed that right?  Does this make me less of a fan?  If you think so then so be it.  If you like knowing ten songs ahead what will be played then good for you.  I like to have a few surprises.  And I hope we will get surprises this time although I doubt it.  I am allowed my opinion as do all of you.  I am such a fan of GNR that I am willing to say what is wrong with this band in hopes that things will change eventually.  Cause see, WE are the ones that pay Axl's salarie by buying the albums, shirts, tickets and whatever else.  And like any other things you will have satisfied customers who will accept anything.  And you will have customers that want nothing but the best and they are allowed to expect that.  And because of customers like that all the others benefit from that.  Axl is too good of a frontman to waste his talent and the talent of his band by doing the same list night after night. 

And misterID comparing missing a GNR show to starving yourself is not only lame but not very smart.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

difference is that we know what GnR are like and can make plans ahead of times if we have kids

That's no excuse. We might know how Axl is, and can adjust our schedules, but the rest don't, or at least have more lives than we do, and don't actively know it on a daily basis.

They're still paying customers, and are being disrespected.

faldor wrote:

This "I saw the same show 3 years ago" argument just makes no sense to me.  I could see if you didn't want to see the SAME show in a week, month, or even a year.  But 3 years?  Man you must have a great memory and imagination that you have ZERO interest in seeing your "favorite" band play some of the greatest songs in rock n' roll history.

Because i'm not seeing my favorite band playing the greatest songs in rock n' roll history. I'm seeing a cover band with the original lead singer, perform those songs.

I don't say that to get into a semantics or reunion war at all. Look at the ticket sales, if not now, but in the past. It is a sticking point with at least half of their audience. Seeing this GN'R is only 50% worth it for the audience, because the other half don't see it as GN'R.

misterID wrote:

Nothing is more lame than bitching about the same thing over and over and over....

Nothing is more lame than an artist who continues to not execute, and then treats their fans as the problem when things don't go right. 22

gnfnraxl wrote:

I am such a fan of GNR that I am willing to say what is wrong with this band in hopes that things will change eventually.  Cause see, WE are the ones that pay Axl's salarie by buying the albums, shirts, tickets and whatever else.

A fuckin' MEN.

Guess what's next man?

"Axl Rose doesn't owe you anything"

gnfnraxl wrote:

And like any other things you will have satisfied customers who will accept anything

Fanboys

gnfnraxl wrote:

And you will have customers that want nothing but the best and they are allowed to expect that.  And because of customers like that all the others benefit from that.

True fans.

It's just like a baseball game. The fans that 'boo' when the team does bad... only do so because THEY CARE.

The day they stop booing is when you need to worry. Same goes for GN'R. The day we stop bitching is the day the train stops a rollin'.

gnfnraxl wrote:

Axl is too good of a frontman to waste his talent and the talent of his band by doing the same list night after night.

It all depends on what Axl's plans are. If he really, and I laugh when I type this... if he really wants to finally get this fucker off the ground, and move on with this GN'R in 2009 and into the future, then there's a good possibility for changed setlists, new songs, maybe even future albums, and all the goodies that come with an active band. BUT... if this is just another cash grab ala 2002 & 2006, then it'll just be Axl on stage going through the motions, not bringing anything new to the game, and that's just a waste of fucking time.

We'll see come December.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

TSI wrote:

I still don't understand the continual complaints over the show starts/endings
GNR has always tended to start late and play later, carpe noctum has been the general rule of thumb, not likely to change. It is what it is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

Axlin16 wrote:

Here's what's changed, and I truely believe this, i'm not being sarcastic.

GNR's core audience, the teengers that grew up with them, were young kids, or young adults in their heyday that did not mind late night shows, and all night partying.

NOW, those same "kids" that were 16-24 somewhere from 1987-1993, are now in their late 30's/early 40's. They are no longer living with mom & dad or going to college, or whatever the fuck. They are older, more mellow, married, possibly with children, have steady jobs, and other commitments, and can't go out to a GN'R show, stay out all night without their kids, get fucked up, and go to work in the morning.

Things have changed... but Axl hasn't.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB