You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Went To GUNS N' ROSES rehearsal today...link!

Neemo wrote:

and out ta get me for madagascar

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

17-18 songs, LALD is in the set... 17

Welcome To The Jungle
Mr Brownstone
It's So Easy
Knockin On Heaven's Door
Richard Bond Solo
Live and Let Die
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Dizzy Piano Solo
Street of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
November Rain
My Micheele w/ Sebastian Bach
Shacklers Revenge
DJ/Ron Solo
Sweet Child O Mine
Nightrain

Encore

Chinese Democracy
Don't Cry
Prostitute
Paradise City

Shackler's & Prostitute ain't gonna get it done... hmm

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i would think that michelle would be dropped for Sorry and brownstone and ise dropped for catcher and IRS

then we're talkin wink

Neemo your too optimistic 16

THEY MUST ALWAYS PLAY:

Jungle, SCOM, Paradise, Patience, You Could Be Mine, November Rain

Then to keep people who still want a bit more old tunes they usually also play

ISO, Brownstone and Nightrain

After that they can do what they like. They've already played nine tracks the casuals want to hear. They can use the other 9 for CD/UYI/Interesting covers/new songs (wishful thinking).

KOHD and LALD are not essentials, and most casual fans would maybe be dissapointed but would still be more than content with nine songs they definitely know. Now here is a realistic and good set that would please any fan.

Welcome To The Jungle
Mr Brownstone
It's So Easy
Better
Dust N' Bones/There Was A Time
Don't Cry/Street of Dreams
Shacklers Revenge
Riad N the Bedouins
Sweet Child O Mine
You Could Be Mine
November Rain
Perfect Crime/Double Talkin Jive
IRS/Scraped
Patience/Civil War
Nightrain

Encore:

Chinese Democracy/Civil War/Estranged
Catcher In The Rye/Madagascar/Prostitute
Paradise City

That would please hardcores and casuals. Now to be honest I struggled to fit in there a set that's 18 songs and I cut a lot of songs I'd want to hear both old and new. Ideally they'd play a 21-22 Song set and cut down on the solos a bit and it would be a bit easier to make a really good set.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

forgot rocket queen

hmm

i cant wait to see what they are gonna play, personally i think all bets are off for the setlist

based on this dude's message they will play

Live & Let Die, Shacklers Revenge,Better,Prostitute & Rocket Queen

I agree about wttj, scom, pc, nr & patience

since they are playing lald we should assume kohd as well

thats 11 leaves another 6-7 for a reg length setlist (which is standard from previous tours)

then in the GnREvo Q&A ron mentioned looking forward to playing This I Love, Sorry & Scraped

brings us down to 3 or 4

most likely will play CD, Blues, Madagascar, IRS

there ya go thats my reasoning

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

and lets not forget that Riad is being played in the commercials for the tour...thats gotta have a spot too....and Axl seemed big on Catcher when he did his online Q&A's .... maybe they will play the entire CD album...i'd fucking love that 11

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

Wow. It's good to hear the boys are going to do a tour for CD. I really thought a few months ago when Axl went back into reclusion we would never hear from him again!!!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Neemo wrote:

and lets not forget that Riad is being played in the commercials for the tour...thats gotta have a spot too....and Axl seemed big on Catcher when he did his online Q&A's .... maybe they will play the entire CD album...i'd fucking love that 11

I'd expect CD and Better to be certainties as they were the singles. I agree though I think as you said all bets are off, I think there'll be CD and Better played plus 4-5 other random CD tracks per night. This update says 17-18 songs however I think the average in 06 was about 20 songs so there might be even more room for variation than we're allowing.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i don't think they're playing from 18 songs but that's how many songs they will play, approximately, each set

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i htink everyone understands that war....but the comment that they worked on 17-18 songs for a week straight suggests that they will begin with a certain set of tracks and then maybe add more as time goes on

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

yeah i take it as those 17-18 songs are the staples or the songs they'll play every night and then, assuming they were rehearsing the 40 songs per ashba,
they'll pick from those reamining b-songs (if you will) for alternation.

but if they only played 17-18 songs for a week straight and shacklers was one of them........scary

im not against hearing shacklers live but i can think of about 50 songs that should be played every night in front of chicken dinner.

Board footer