You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

mickronson wrote:

why is she covering her eye? she been naughty again lol

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Man it got pulled before I saw it!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Man it got pulled before I saw it!

Trust me, you didn't miss anything.  Slash is barely audible on the track at all, and the song is BAD.  I actually don't mind some Rhianna songs, but this one just didn't do it for me at all.  Slash could've added something to it if he was at all noticeable on the track, but he wasn't.  You think Baz is hard to make out on "Sorry"?  You ain't heard nothing yet!

It's still on youtube.  There are other links.  Just search around.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Wow that's just bizzare....I honestly can't tell slash is on the track...and he's got one of the most recgonisable styles and tones out there. It's hardly got any guitar in the mix at all!

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I'm starting to think that Slash is doing this stuff just to annoy Axl. There's no way he can think garbage like this and the PC remake are quality music.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I enjoyed the PC remake for what it was, a bit of fun with a B side. Not sure what the deal with this track is though, it almost sounds like the track would pre-slash!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

It'll be funny if Fortus goes on tour with Rihanna again.  He will have Slash parts to butcher when touring with her too.  Must be his lucky day.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

It'll be funny if Fortus goes on tour with Rihanna again.  He will have Slash parts to butcher when touring with her too.  Must be his lucky day.

First of all, it seems like Slash didn't create something magnificent for Rihanna. Second, fortus has been replaced in the Rihanna Touring band, and Nuno is her new guitarist.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Finally got around to downloading this album. Didn't feel like commenting on the Slash thing until I heard the entire record. This album appears to be her playing it very safe with a few 'F bombs' thrown in for 'street cred'. Not gonna give Slash any shit for his contribution because God only knows what he recorded for her in the studio that was left on the cutting room floor so the song can flow seamlessly with the rest of the album.

Have never been a huge Rihanna fan and only like a handful of selected tracks dispersed throughout her discog, but this album is not worthy of a follow up to Good Girl Gone Bad. I'm sure it'll have a few hits so in that regard it will be a success, but she's just running in place at this point and she's gonna need to venture in some more directions at some point.

Highlights on the album...

Stupid In Love
Fire Bomb
Photographs
The Last Song

A Slash contribution would have been more fitting on The Last Song or Fire Bomb.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Rihanna's got a new video out for "Rockstar 101" and she dresses as Slash in part of it.  You have to stick with it for awhile, it's towards the end.

Still can hardly hear Slash on the song.  I guess just hearing he's featured on the song and seeing her dress as him is enough, but I still think he was severely underutilized.

Board footer