You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Re-emergance of Axl Rose

jimmythegent wrote:

So we are 9 days away from the re-emergance of Axl - first appearance in 2.5 yrs.

What is everyone expecting? A drastic new image? New music? Cancelled shows? Controversey? New interviews/insights?

Starting to feel quite excited. This 'band' is a faceless, characterless, compotent bunch of hired professionals - but Axl is a bonafide superstar who never fails to entertain in some way.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Here's my prediction:

- a few rants in Canada and maybe Asia
- New songs from CD not played live, will be played live
- Axl's hair will be the same, but he'll have a beard, a'la 1993
- DJ Ashba will win everyone over

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

power_rangers_all__1_.jpg

The band's new look. Called it.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So we are 9 days away from the re-emergance of Axl - first appearance in 2.5 yrs.

What is everyone expecting? A drastic new image? New music? Cancelled shows? Controversey? New interviews/insights?

Starting to feel quite excited. This 'band' is a faceless, characterless, compotent bunch of hired professionals - but Axl is a bonafide superstar who never fails to entertain in some way.

Hes a Human Being not a submarine! Show some respect  16:haha::haha:

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I expect a repeat of 06.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I expect a repeat of 06.

I agree to an extent. Simply a continuation of the 06-07 tour like it had never ended. Setlist near identical, as well as media interest.

They should have had a 3rd single on the launch pad to coincide with a tour, but its too late for that. Its days away.

As far as looks wise, Axl will probably have the same look as before. Its only been two years. There wont be a drastic transformation.

Hope there aren't any rants. Its way too childish and he just makes a fool of himself. Those 02 rants are comical and vomit inducing at the same time. The rants showed he was in no frame of mind to be touring.

Always boggles my mind when I see people wishing for rants.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Here's my prediction:

- a few rants in Canada and maybe Asia
- New songs from CD not played live, will be played live
- Axl's hair will be the same, but he'll have a beard, a'la 1993
- DJ Ashba will win everyone over

Not sure about the rants. He was so quiet (by Axl standards) in 06, I'm kinda expecting the same now.

I agree with the new songs and look.

And I'm extremely hesitant about DJ.

Neemo and I were just talking today about "the production". I wonder what it'll be like. I told Neemo, I personally don't care about production BUT with the inflated ticket prices and Ron's tweets, I am expecting something.

As far as Axl goes, I usually don't worry too much about his look. If I had my way, he'd get the 01 hair back with the 06 outfits, but I figure he'll look the same on this tour as he did in 06.

Most of all I'm hoping he'll sound the same.

Aren't the ticket prices pretty much on the same level as in 06?  I didn't think they were inflated.

And I agree, Axl was pretty quiet last time around as far as rants go, so I'd expect more of the same.  I really wouldn't expect much to be said during the Asia shows, due to the language barrier.  He may be more open in Canada.  But I think the best chance of him opening up would be in South America.  Those fans will most likely cheer his every word.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I expect a repeat of 06.

I agree to an extent. Simply a continuation of the 06-07 tour like it had never ended. Setlist near identical, as well as media interest.

They should have had a 3rd single on the launch pad to coincide with a tour, but its too late for that. Its days away.

As far as looks wise, Axl will probably have the same look as before. Its only been two years. There wont be a drastic transformation.

Hope there aren't any rants. Its way too childish and he just makes a fool of himself. Those 02 rants are comical and vomit inducing at the same time. The rants showed he was in no frame of mind to be touring.

I've always loved Axl's rants.  I find them quite entertaining, not vomit inducing.  But I think we'll get very few, if any rants this time around, just like in 06/07.  And I'd expect more songs from CD to be played, hopefully ALL of it over the course of the tour, but I wouldn't expect to hear them delve much deeper into the back catalog.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I expect a repeat of 06.

I wouldn't want rants but I wouldn't mind him talking with the crowd more, maybe telling a couple or stories and stuff. The kinda thing most bands do. It seems we weither get venomous rant Axl or almost dead silence Axl. An inbetween would be nice.

Board footer