You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Great GNR moments

Axlin16 wrote:

Shit... I totally forgot about Farm Aid '90.

They were fuckin' BAD ASS at that show. 9

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Chicago '92.  The entire show - well, except for The Smashing Pumpkins.  The sound for them was awful.  Actually, the sound for GnR wasn't very good either...Axl must not have wanted to be heard that day, because all I could hear from where I was was the band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Off the top of my head for the newer era of Guns is the performance of Maddy in Budapest when he changed up the melody of the ending vocals of the song.. Gave it such a little but great twist to the song.

yeah that was amazing...one of those moments where u realise how talented axl is with melodies and stuff.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I'm in the distinct minority on this, but I hate ritz '88. Axl's voice is awful, the performance is good, but as a whole, i think the show is overrated.

Night Train Rock Am Ring might be one of my favorites.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I'm going to have to go with Slash & Duff swearing on the AMA awards when they won best new artist thus necessitating the 3-second-delay on all future awards shows. Sweet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

I'm in the distinct minority on this, but I hate ritz '88. Axl's voice is awful, the performance is good, but as a whole, i think the show is overrated.

that show was fucking awesome...that was gnr, their attitude, their swagger, the little imperfections, everylast one high as a kite, axl getting pulled into the crowd, punching the dude in the face and getting back up to finish the gig

that would be a show i'd love to watch on dvd or blueray...last time i saw it was back in the 90's on MTV

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

You're overthinking it. 

That show is where GNR became (or showed the world that they were) the ultimate garage band.  It's watching how hard those fuck-ups are rocking, it looks like anybody can do it like that.  Thing is, the truth is no one can.

Not a lot of the 80's bullshit, just letting songs and attitude do the talking.  Being about 13 watching that brought me a genre that's still my favorite style of music 20 years later.

Edit:pretty much exactly what Neemo said, that's what I get for not noticing a second page.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

My favorite all time moment was when G&R did a show at Giant Stadium, NJ opening for the original line-up of Aerosmith and the original line up of Deep Purple. In fact parts of paradise city video were taken from this concert were Axl is dressed in white. That concert blew the audience away and the response and hysteria G&R caused was the same craziness some of you might of seen in old flicks of the Beatles in front of their audience. The band was fantastice. And if that wasn't enough it was also funny to see so many fans jumping off of the first tier onto the field to run towards the crowd in front of the stage. While all this was going on security was trying to catch those fans. But it was impossible for them to do so. As soon as security would run towards the left side of the tier to stop fans the fans on the right tier would make their move and jump. Once the fans reached the crowd in front of the stage area there was no way for the security to determine if you belonged there or not. So they just gave up if you suceeded to get pass them.
All and all G&R took over the concert. Even though Aerosmith and Deep Purple were very good, G&R were the main attraction and had stolen the show.;)

Board footer