You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash: New Album Release And Tour Set For March/April

Mikkamakka wrote:

Does anyone know what extras the US edition will have, if any?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but iTunes has the Slash album up for pre-order, with a 30 second sample of every single track. Just listening now...

The first track Ghost, has bits of the VR song Pleasin' (that Brad Cox demo'd with them before Scott joined) from what I could hear. Wasn't that impressed by the sample...

Crucify The Dead, sounds like a recent Ozzy track, with a cool breakdown part. Pretty cool Sabbath heavy riffing too.

Beautiful Dangerous, sounds much better here in clear audio, and the rhythm Slash is playing during the verses sounds great. Possibly the best/catchiest rocker on the CD!

Back From Cali, sounds like AC/DC just like Slash has described. It doesn't sound that heavy, well, just AC/DC heavy. Cool vocals, and a cool Acca Dacca style riff.

Promise, a more laidback tune and Chris sounds great, but it doesn't sound anything like a Slash song, more like Audioslave or something.

By The Sword, we've all heard this, still sounds good to me!

Gotten, is typical Maroon 5 balladry, with Slash gentle riffing. Don't like the singing, so I'll probably skip this track when I listen to the CD.

Doctor Alibi, alright, this is what I was hoping for more of, great Slash rocking riff, pounding drums. Sounds like a classic Motorhead tune!

Watch This, now I gotta hear more of this, Dave is going off on the drum kit, and Slash is playing some tasty riffs and solos!

I Hold On, sounds like a southern fried Kid Rock made-for-radio track. Sounds pretty cool though.

Nothing To Say, is Slash playing metal!!! It even has a chugging palm muted riffing! M. Shadows sounds like Axl when he sings in the lower register as well. I wanna hear more of this!

Starlight, classic Slash balladry style, and Myles sings great too.

Saint Is A Sinner Too, weird singing, and nice Spanish flavoured acoustic guitar in the background. Sounds strange at first, but I wanna hear more.

We're All Gonna Die, mid tempo rocker, and Iggy's vocals sound cool too.

Chains and Shackles, on this song Slash returns to the same palm-muted chugging metal riff style of Nothing To Say, and Nick Oliveri's screams/shouts the vocals. Even heard a bit of swearing in there. Has a bit of Queens Of the Stone Age trippyness to it, but is very heavy as well!

And last was the Paradise City cover, which I don't like, and all of you have heard, so I won't bother reviewing.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Certainly an interesting mix of songs, and I haven't even heard the best part on all the tracks yet - the solos!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Can you give me a link? I'm not registered there, not familiar with the site and I can't find the songs' preview. Or is it for registered users only?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay, I love it.  And these are just clips of the tunes, but, from what i hear, sounds very promising!

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Do you have to preorder it to listen?  When I go to itunes, all but the single are grayed out.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I live in Australia and it doesn't show up like that for me, I can listen to all the songs. Strange that you can't.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For those unable to get preview samples on itunes/ unfamiliar with itunes....i found this online.....it's the little grabs edited together in a row.....

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

sounds damn good

Board footer