You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash to play Civil War?

-D- wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I don't want to hear Myles singing Civil War.

People got used to 'The guys who aren't Slash' playing Guns N' Roses songs. It cannot be worse.

Yes it can be.  Guitar is a lot easier to emulate than vocals.  I don't want to hear Myles' voice on that song.

U must have never heard Robin attempt November Rain

UGHHhh

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's pretty unlikely, but I'd love to see some versions off Snakepit1 and I don't just mean like beggars and hangers on, something like Dime Store Rock or Soma City Ward would blow me the fuck away. Slash goes off on those live.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Amen... the only way i'd go see Slash is for a majority-GN'R set. His post-GN'R career sucks... and I say that with ALL the love in my heart.

As much as I love CD, if Axl was only playing that stuff... i'd be wondering where Jungle & PC and NR were.

An ideal Slash-Setlist for me would include the following:

Slither
Fall To Pieces

Fall to Pieces? really? I swear that's one of the worst songs ever written.

Agreed. I hate that song, hard. Instrumentally it's repetitive, and the lyrics (whoever wrote them, i'm sure a fan knows who) make me puke. Seriously, I get sick to my stomach when I hear that song, strangest thing. No other song has ever done that to me.

I like some pretty cheesy melodic rock acts, real 80's cheese, but Fall To Pieces takes the cake. Makes Poison look like Slayer.

DCK wrote:

Come on, the best Nightrain that ever existed came from 2002.

No argument there.

I just don't get this whiny "I am so offended if X plays that song" bullshit.

That's what it is. Bullshit. It's their songs, they can play whatever they want.

If Slash wanna get some singer and do a 22 song GNR night, then I'm all for it. Happy to check it out. Interested in how it sounds. It's music and it's entertaining. As Axlin says, as long as it's good, then who cares?

Usually I prefer Axl's stuff over Slash's, but with the right singer, it could be some fun times ahead.

I've said for a long time if Slash, Izzy, Duff & Matt got together with a different lead singer, and just did Guns shows under a different name... i'm fuckin' there.

Excluding Bucket's tenure in 2001-02, and counting 2006-present, despite the obvious talent of Axl's boys, I still think Slash & co. play the AFD tracks better instrumentally. Bucket was great because he did his own thing. But for the true purist, the feel has just never been right with new GN'R.

Slash, Duff & Izzy still nail that sleazy feel the AFD songs were built on.

New GN'R shine more on the UYI stuff. Shame really, because Axl won't ever let them do more than 3-5 UYI songs.

And by attending a Slash-GN'R show, Myles Kennedy as the lead vocalist is a deal breaker. That dude's voice is irritating. I'd rather have Scott back.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's cool that Slash is willing to bust out GNR tunes(especially some of the obscure ones) as fans have wanted to hear some of them for years.

However, artists/bands singing GNR tunes = me not giving a shit.

If it's not Axl on vocals, I don't want to hear it. I do like cover tunes from certain bands/artists, but I draw the line at GNR.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

I agree that I wouldn't want to hear anyone but Axl sing it, but Civil War is the epitome of a Slash song. I wouldn't mind hearing him play it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It's cool that Slash is willing to bust out GNR tunes(especially some of the obscure ones) as fans have wanted to hear some of them for years.

However, artists/bands singing GNR tunes = me not giving a shit.

If it's not Axl on vocals, I don't want to hear it. I do like cover tunes from certain bands/artists, but I draw the line at GNR.

Slash doing solo stuff = me not giving a shit

Because it sucks.

Now Duff and Loaded, that shit fuckin' rules. 9

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ To be fair the discussion was:  "Is someone singing Axl's part other than Axl worse/harder/stranger/better than someone playing Slash's part other than Slash??"

Given robin's versions - love them or hate them - are definately very dstinguisghable from Slash's - just as anyone but Axl singing is likely to be rather noticable, I'd say it was a relevent comment and not bashing for the hell of it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Yes it can be.  Guitar is a lot easier to emulate than vocals.  I don't want to hear Myles' voice on that song.

U must have never heard Robin attempt November Rain

UGHHhh

Oh yeah? Try this on for size; I think Robin's NR solo is better than the original.

Now. This thread has nothing to do with Robin. And you can probably go ahead and stop using any wild chance possible to bring up and insult Robin. You don't like Robin. We get it. Feel free to stay on topic.

Speaking of which, dr_love reminded me of something; I wonder if Slash will stick more with the "Slash tunes" so to speak. Like dr_ says, Civil War is pretty much the epitome of a "Slash tune" Coma is that way too and for Locomotive seems like it too.

Thanks alot, my lunch just splashed all over the wall.

Board footer